Coding tail lights from NA to EU

vytaspaul

Reaction score
Can somebody post the coding for tail light going from NA to EU (ROW).

Searched a lot and closed I got was Golf 7 :)

I can send you an Excel file if you'll send me your email address. Note that this will *not* work for facelift tail lamps.

Reactions: 2fast4you and Auris
US tail lamps delete the amber turn signal and use the brake lamps as additional turn signals which, in the opinion of some, looks terrible. As pre-work for installing EU tail lamps, the US coding must be changed to mimic EU coding so that the brake lamps and turn signals function independently. This is all well and good on the PFL cars, but apparently Audi, in their infinite wisdom, made an irreversible hardware change in the US FL units that sees the brake and turn lamps wired together in some way, rendering coding to EU spec ineligible.

The US “dynamic” rear turn signals (no option for dynamic fronts here as we don't get matrix lamps due to archaic FMVSS code) look absolutely laughable. The little strip dedicated to turn signal duty is dynamic, while the full brake lamp flashes normally at the same time. It looks like a seizure.

Reactions: 2fast4you, longshortchris, panos_hlb and 3 others
US tail lamps delete the amber turn signal and use the brake lamps as additional turn signals which, in the opinion of some, looks terrible. As pre-work for installing EU tail lamps, the US coding must be changed to mimic EU coding so that the brake lamps and turn signals function independently. This is all well and good on the PFL cars, but apparently Audi, in their infinite wisdom, made an irreversible hardware change in the US FL units that sees the brake and turn lamps wired together in some way, rendering coding to EU spec ineligible.

The US “dynamic” rear turn signals (no option for dynamic fronts here as we don't get matrix lamps due to archaic FMVSS code) look absolutely laughable. The little strip dedicated to turn signal duty is dynamic, while the full brake lamp flashes normally at the same time. It looks like a seizure.

Spot on Dan. We can thank our 60's/70's US law makers for the sad look of FL rear lights and no Matrix fronts.

I'm afraid I can't recommend using this coding on an 8P. It's specifically for the 8V. You have an 8P?

Brian

Hi. Could some help with coding tail light USA to Eu on Audi A5 Cabrio 2011 ? Someone did mess on kanals from 181 till 213 on comfort module 46 ! Logs from group 46 are welcome!

Thanks for any help !!!
my email autosto@gmail.com

Hi . I have Audi a3 e-tron 2015 from the us. Can anyone help with the coding of the tail lights to europe ?

I have a2016 a3 w US leds. I bought a set of fl taillights and rewired. Everything seems to work properly but I get a left turn signal and right brake light error message. I also have the inner left taillight not coming on but no error message for that. I tested the light and put direct power to the tail light and it comes on. It seems that the power wire for that light is not sending power to it. I repinned everything and it was pretty straight forward but I keep getting these issues. Also I get a fast, inside, turn signal for the left side but all bulbs are working outside. Do I just need row coding if so what do I need to do. I have a vcds.

Hi, may i ask you to post the coding for tail light NAR to EU (ROW). My email “mpupkis@yahoo.com”

audi a3 e-tron 2016

I can send you an Excel file if you'll send me your email address. Note that this will *not* work for facelift tail lamps.

Hi, may i ask you to post the coding for tail light NAR to EU (ROW). My email “mpupkis@yahoo.com”

audi a3 e-tron 2016

Hi. Can someone send me a file with coding 2015 a3 for tail light USA to eu?

My email knyuri@gmail.com