Coding keys

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
I have one key that came with the car but has never operated the central locking.

I would like to be able to operate the central locking from the key.

I also bought a replacement key off of eBay, and some old genuine keys, so would like to build a spare key that would both start the car and operate the central locking.

How do I pair the key with the central locking, and also with the immobiliser(?)

I have VCDS-Lite, but it says it needs to be registered to code the key to the central locking. If I have to pay the $99 to register it, no problem, but even better if it can be done for free.

I’ve hunted the net/youtube/this forum but not found anything to help.

Tia

Andy

I've always just put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on (not start the car) whilst holding the lock or unlocking button. Try it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same as above unlock car with the key blade turn on the ignition press and hold both the unlock/lock button each for about 10 secs each then after whilst key is still in ignition unlock and lock via door button then remove key with drivers window open and lock/unlock via the drivers door barrel if that fails the key will more than likely need a full immo recode.

If you are in the U.K. then you will need the vehicle PIN number to program the key to the immo.

I obtained this by buying a vag tacho lead and software from eBay. Then I used this PIN number to program the key with registered vag com cable. You can’t save any settings with the free version.

If you fancy a trip to south london I can see if it’s possible to do the same to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk