coding keys with vcds?

glenandem

Reaction score
is it poss to code the actual key chip with vcds if i have the skc number?
i know you can code the remote side but just wondered about the actual immobiisor bit?

yes if yiu have the SKC

SKC is the code required to access immobiliser coding in instruments. It used to be on a small scratch off card, but after a certain year you can only get from dealer as they have to connect to Audi Germany and the code is sent to the car. The Dealer willnot be able to give you the code.

Yes you can , if you have the code and vcds and the car is before 2005/6, After that its Main Dealer job.

Sometimes the SKC is retrievable with other cables/software to VCDS, but not with VCDS itself.

I meant the software for pulling codes, and already spoke to him, he's awaiting delivery of stock

depends on the year of the car and what clocks you have , i can retrieve skc codes sometimes via obd other times by removing eprom from clocks and reading in a programmer

is it poss to recover the skc on a 1.9tdi ecu with vagtacho,if i can get it with that then hopfully i can code the key in with vagcom!

I can pull my 1.9tdi pin with commander i think. i have tacho and commander though, my A6 uses tacho. I think its a bit hit and miss as im using cheepo ebay cables, but was only for that purpose and to do the miles to empty on a buddies car. VCDS genuine for everything else.

even with the SKC you're not going to be able to program a new key to a 2005/6 onwards VAG because the transponder has to be pre-coded with CS (compenent security) info before it can be programmed to the car. Pre-coding equipment is expensive so definitely not worth it for somebody who wants to do 1 key to their own car.

I've got 2 different bits of equipment that will pre-code transponders. Pre-coding is basically making a dealer key without going to the dealers