Coding Device - A3 8V FL

HiddenxGulf

Reaction score
Hi all,

This might've been covered already, but i cant find anything on it.

I have a 2019 A3 8v FL and i want to get a car diagnostic/ coding device to get rid of a few annoying MMI pop ups.

I'm looking at the 'Carly' one, can anyone tell me if;

1. This is a good choice

2. If using one of these devices would be seen when the car goes in for service and subsequently would invalidate my warranty.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me before i mess up my warranty.

Thanks.

I would go for VCDS or Carista. Those are proven to work on Audi.
VCDS is from a different planet compared to Carly or Carista. But you also need understanding to work with it.

The reason I like the idea of the Carly one is that it seems really user friendly.

I dont have ages to sit and figure out what im doing. (plus im not sure id get my head around it)

As far as the second question goes there is this really annoying pop up on the virtual cockpit when i have the car in park and lift my foot off the brake. I assume its a safety feature but it would be nice if it went.

I like the idea of the light customisation as well.

One other feature I like is the diagnostic tool (even though i shouldn't need to use it) its always nice to have i guess.

If any of these features would mess up my warranty i obviously wouldn't use them, just thought id check first and see.

Thanks again.

The reason I like the idea of the Carly one is that it seems really user friendly.

I dont have ages to sit and figure out what im doing. (plus im not sure id get my head around it)

As far as the second question goes there is this really annoying pop up on the virtual cockpit when i have the car in park and lift my foot off the brake. I assume its a safety feature but it would be nice if it went.

I like the idea of the light customisation as well.

One other feature I like is the diagnostic tool (even though i shouldn't need to use it) its always nice to have i guess.

If any of these features would mess up my warranty i obviously wouldn't use them, just thought id check first and see.

Thanks again.
You need a proper coding tool like VCDS then, or something that can change both coding and adaptations. "apps" like Carly and Carista can only change / modify pre-defined items of which the "foot on break" is not one due to its nature.

The foot on break thing is annoying but on mine is I press the left scroll wheel then it goes away. Also, huge thread about Carista on the main page of this forum. I would go with Carista as lots on here can recomend it whereas I don’t think many have experienced of Carly, including me. Carista is super simple to use

The foot on break thing is annoying but on mine is I press the left scroll wheel then it goes away. Also, huge thread about Carista on the main page of this forum. I would go with Carista as lots on here can recomend it whereas I don’t think many have experienced of Carly, including me. Carista is super simple to use

Alright fantastic thanks a lot, ill check it out.