Coding assistance

calw123

Reaction score
I'm fitting a genuine facelift reverse camera to my 2017 f/l s3 8v sportback.

I'm looking for help regards the coding I have carista and obdeleven, but not sure whether I will need VCDS to do this job.

I don't have and hoping if its required someone local to chesterfield derbyshire maybe able to help me out regards coding it in

You'll need to calibrate the camera (with ODIS, not sure if VCDS can do it as well), unless you get a used one that came from the exact same model (then you can get away without doing it).

You'll need to calibrate the camera (with ODIS, not sure if VCDS can do it as well), unless you get a used one that came from the exact same model (then you can get away without doing it).
Funnily enough spoke to a friend from a Skoda dealer and they don't ever calibrate the rear camera probably because they don't have the kit. You can get away without calibrating it and it'll work just fine, it just leaves a static error on the module.

Also OP: I think you'll be fine with obdeleven as it can do most long-coding stuff that VCDs can do

Depending on how bad the calibration is, the lines can be completely misaligned with the road. Best is to do the calibration unless it's actually not needed because it's already done.

Reactions: pxuL
The camera has already been calibrated, so I should be okay using obd11 to get it all up and running then guys

Reactions: pxuL
OEM cameras if installed properly are so close to accurate they don’t need calibrating. Yes there is the calibration error flag in VCDS etc but doesn’t affect functionality.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport