Code for Sports Diff

Mackie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just trying to work out if my BiTdi has the sports diff. As a friend said to me before, when you’re buying used, if you can check like 6 or 7 out of 10 on the wish-list you will be doing well - so either way I am happy.
I believe I should be looking for GH1 - could anyone confirm? (See attached build sticker)
Thanks

Attachments

• 83C27EA6-7053-46A0-B469-9A685AEBE8D5.jpeg
    83C27EA6-7053-46A0-B469-9A685AEBE8D5.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 426
Thanks Moogie, I don’t see GH2 or for that matter GH1 - still don’t know. Is it obvious if I do a visual under the car?

Thanks Moogie, I don’t see GH2 or for that matter GH1 - still don’t know. Is it obvious if I do a visual under the car?
Not got a BiTDI but did read somewhere that cars with a sports differential allow you to change the diff settings in the MMI.

Not got a BiTDI but did read somewhere that cars with a sports differential allow you to change the diff settings in the MMI.

Yes you're right, diff settings are adjusted in the same menu as the gearbox, steering etc.
The video below has images of the sports diff if you're thinking of doing a visual.

Reactions: rjwojcik and Mackie
Steve,
Ah yes, very helpful. Mine is for sure the regular looking at that animation. And it does not have any adjustability in MMI. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: SteveMcB
You can get an Audi Dealer to print out a full list of option codes based on the registration number. It is about 6 pages of A4 paper.

Option GH1 is the basic differential, GH2 is the sports diff.

Steve,
Ah yes, very helpful. Mine is for sure the regular looking at that animation. And it does not have any adjustability in MMI. Thanks for your input!

I have the Sports Diff fitted in my A7 BiTDI and i am yet to drive the two tonne barge in anger enough to feel if it is actually working, I would presume it works so well that you wouldn't actually realise it is working, just witchcraft happens and you go round a corner facing the right way still.

I think it would be interesting to do a comparison, with and without on the same stretch of road!
(and yes it should be in the MMI Car settings under 'individual').

Reactions: Mackie