CobraTrak Q tracking device

Chris28

Reaction score
Hi

Bought my A3 over the weekend so waiting for it to be built and when we were going through the paperwork, I was told that the tracking device was a good idea to have (on a car priced this high) and that it lowers your insurance.

Does anyone have one of these and is it anygood or worth getting?

Cheers

Yeah i have a tracker in my car, i belive its called a Horizon or something similar. Not sure how good it is, i guess they all do the same thing but it lowered my insurance.

Tracking devices have been discussed many times and there's usually two divided opinions:

1. Tracking devices are great. They lower your premiums, reduce car theft (thereby reducing premiums in general) and chances are, if you're unlucky enough for the car to be stolen, you'll get it recovered.

2. Tracking devices are pointless - who wants a car back after it's been thrashed about by some muppets?

I think i believe in the first opinion. You'll find most of the time a car is stolen, its not thrashed about unless its in a pursuit. If its stolen without the owner being aware then it would probably not be thrashed about and driven as normal to not be picked up by police.

Thing is if the car is stolen then recovered it's marked accordingly on manny databases lowering the value accordingly.

I think i believe in the first opinion. You'll find most of the time a car is stolen, its not thrashed about unless its in a pursuit. If its stolen without the owner being aware then it would probably not be thrashed about and driven as normal to not be picked up by police.

Not thrashed, your havin' a laugh. Why do you think these stillborn steal cars? To drive about and pop to Tescos for the weekly shop? (although, probably yes). You can be quite sure if your car is stolen it will have been thrashed - quite soundly - especially in lowers gears for added 'Hollywood tyres' effect. Oh, not forgetting used in burglaries to carry all sorts, smoked in, kerbed, etc. Now, stealing to order of premium marques is a completely different kettle.

If my car is stolen I never want to see it again, period.

Yeah i would feel the same about mine so long as i was satisfied with the insurance payout.

True. I am going with Adrian Flux in Aug when renewal comes up as they guarantee an agreed vehicle value, inclusive of mods which is a bonus. I don't think that they are the cheapest having spoke to others, but that is piece of mind.

trackers are pointless i could put a link up now but i wont to the new device crims aer getting it costs a mere 40 pounds they jack your car and they just plug this thing into your ciggerette lighter and it blocks the signal no matter how good you think your car is covered it isnt .....

taking this on board i got a cut out switch fitted in a serious place that would not be found by your average clown , to the feul pump every night i get out of my car and flick this on its more or less bullet proof unless they find it which trust me they wont ...

my point is trackers are pointless because high crime theifs are already on to this get a cut out fitted and if you want a tracker so be it but you need a cut out aswell to be one step ahead

these tracker blockers are built by are chinese friends that want to basically bankrupt the west including about every other country ie iran russia and all the **** holes including the **** houses of europe welcome to war my friends its not all about m16s and carpet bombing its on every scale emaginable its about buying selling and foooking us up at the same time ......