Cobra tracking system

Ryan1985

Reaction score
Because I bought an ex demo car, Audi failed to tell me that the car has a Cobra tracking system fitted... This was only notified to me by cobra calling me randomly 2 weeks ago saying they received details from Audi that I own the car and wish to pay an annual fee of £297 for the tracker service to be activated.... I called up my insurance (Admiral) and ask them if my insurance would go down if I activate the tracker... There answer is no.... No discount will be made.... What? Which was my reaction as if this car was to be stolen.... It would be recovered easily without insurance paying me thousands in a claim.... So I am now debating to take the tracker out and sell it as I've been told its worth £300.... What you guys think?

Because I bought an ex demo car, Audi failed to tell me that the car has a Cobra tracking system fitted... This was only notified to me by cobra calling me randomly 2 weeks ago saying they received details from Audi that I own the car and wish to pay an annual fee of £297 for the tracker service to be activated.... I called up my insurance (Admiral) and ask them if my insurance would go down if I activate the tracker... There answer is no.... No discount will be made.... What? Which was my reaction as if this car was to be stolen.... It would be recovered easily without insurance paying me thousands in a claim.... So I am now debating to take the tracker out and sell it as I've been told its worth £300.... What you guys think?

Trackers are not that hard to get around these days .

By the time the car has even moved/entered I receive a phone call... I just can't justify the cost of £297 per year aswell as my insurance with no discount to compensate the costs

Would you really want a car back that's been driven by scum?

When i added a tracker to an admiral/elephant quotes it went up loads, same thing happened when i said it was in a garage as opposed to on the drive, and then it went even lower when i tell them its kept on the road… so to sum up: a high risk performance vehicle kept on the road without a tracker = a much cheaper insurance premium..? What????

When i added a tracker to an admiral/elephant quotes it went up loads, same thing happened when i said it was in a garage as opposed to on the drive, and then it went even lower when i tell them its kept on the road… so to sum up: a high risk performance vehicle kept on the road without a tracker = a much cheaper insurance premium..? What????

Exactly my point...... This country is so backwards

I don't think people don't tend to rob performance cars solely to wreck them, they're usually stolen to order then taken over seas or stripped down for parts etc so its generally within the theirs interests to keep it in good condition to get the most for it selling it on… Yes they'll probably hoon it to the nearest port, but then thats how these cars are supposedly to be driven… subject to a correct warm up procedure!

Its a different story however if they end up in a police chase, then they won't give a c**p about the car, more about getting away id imagine!

Yes it's madness I was going to get the cobra trak 5 fitted £1000 including activation started ringing round for insurance quotes none off them would discount for having it fitted absolute madness

I got the same response from my insurance as I was going to get the ex demo activated. This country is mad wouldn't it be better to retrieve the car rather than pay for a replacement??