Cobra exhaust

Ryan Cox

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with Cobra exhausts? Looking at Milltek and Scorpion descriptions state 2.75 inch bore but Cobra is 3 inch??

I talked to a chap at the VAG Tuner show who said he had had quality issues with Cobra.

Just fitted my turbo-back scorpion system and have to admit I'm very impressed with it!
Just having trouble with it clearing my lower brace - thinks it's my install than anything else.

Nice. Does anyone know why the Cobra system is 3 inch and the others 2.75 though? Is it actually a bigger bore?

Nice. Does anyone know why the Cobra system is 3 inch and the others 2.75 though? Is it actually a bigger bore?
They just decided to choose 3" and be different from the rest of the crowd.
As above though many quality issues with cobra.
Also as long as your down pipe is 3" and through the cat it'll be sufficient enough. 2.75" for the cat-back is plenty imo.

I'd stick with Scorpion or BCS.

If you want a quality exhaust then speak to BCS.

Reactions: BCS Nige
Give Dave or Nigel @BCS Nige a call and speak to them about their system.

The (my) BCS is 3” right though but there is also other things to consider too such as the gauge of the steel tube used, the wall thickness of the boxes, the quality of the welds and the ongoing R&D...

For me it was always going to be the BCS but that didn’t stop me from pricing up a Miltek. With such little differential in the price the BCS was a no-brained.

The experience and customer service is also outstanding.

Reactions: HHS3, BCS Nige and S3Alex
Great, thanks all. I'll give them a bell tomorrow

Reactions: BCS Nige and NFox
Another vote for BCS here....Nige is an excellent guy and will work with his customers to get the best for them.

They built a superb 90mm custom system for my car.

Reactions: HHS3 and BCS Nige
I’ve got a Cobra one.. one of their first actually, never had a problem with it .

If your in S.Yorks your welcome to have a listen/ look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk