CO2 Emissions Query on Same Size Engine

Waggy

Reaction score
Hello,

Same engine size but the CO2 on the newer model is higher, Can anyone explain this ? (As would of thought newer engines would have had a lower CO2 for company car purposes)

The only difference is on the new model they badge this as a ‘30’

Upload 2019 1 16 15 24 23

Newer models might have higher emission due to the gpf filter. Another blockage in the exhaust system could lower fuel economy even though it removes more particulate matter.

Likely a change in test procedure.

Last year's model likely had CO2 and emissions testing under the NEDC test. The new model will have been tested under the WLTP test.

The WLTP test is harsher and should be more realistic, so the emissions and CO2 measures should better reflect real road use.

That is what I thought at first, however the figures above are from a website showing how much CO2 the car produces for Benefit in Kind purposes.

Did not think they were using the WLTP for company car tax purposes until 2020 or 2021

That is what I thought at first, however the figures above are from a website showing how much CO2 the car produces for Benefit in Kind purposes.

Did not think they were using the WLTP for company car tax purposes until 2020 or 2021
More cars are showing WLTP now. Regardless your BIK would be on the figure quoted on your book/spec sheet. So being 2 levels up, another 2% more for your BIK value.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk