Clutch start problems

evoy2k2

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this site so please put me in right direction if in wrong thread etc :thumbs up:

Anyways ive just bought a A3 S-Line 11 plate TDI 5dr
Im having problems with clutch start...................clutch is fully pressed and turn ignitiuon key and nothing but then will start after ive repeated 2/3 times

Anybody had this problem before?
Any help would be much appreciated :thumbs up:

Cheers

I would send a message to George Seamons. You will find him on Facebook.
It sounds like the switch on the clutch master cylinder is playing up. He makes and sells a little harness that you install so that you do not have to press the clutch to start ever again. It is designed for people who have performance clutches to prevent wear on the crank thrust washers when first started before the oil pressure builds up.
He may confirm what I am thinking and if the bypass will solve your problem. It costs about £25.
We have installed 3 of these on TFSI engines cars with no problems but we were not having the issues you describe.
Well worth contacting him.
I just found the link to his product on EBay. That’s the easiest way to contact him.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Push-Clu...675362?hash=item23af67dea2:g:ausAAOSwLEtYjFyq

I too own one off these simple harnesses , easy fitted, well was in my S3 , recommend it

Good morning gentlemen!

With this bypass module installed, the message “press clutch to start engine” still appears on screen?

Good morning gentlemen!

With this bypass module installed, the message “press clutch to start engine” still appears on screen?

The message does not always appear.
My prefacelift S3 still retains the message whereas a TTS from 2009 and a TT from 2014 do not display the message. The message does not come and go. I just ignore it on my S3. Slightly annoying but I would rather have the benefit.

Reactions: Konstantinos
Hi guys........

I’ve had a fault and used the diagnostic tool which confirmed “Ambient air temperature sensor fault”

I’ve looked into this and it’s known to affect “the clutch when engaged”
Thought I’d mention it as still having problems with my clutch start !