Clutch slipping for the second time

ROBIN S1

Reaction score
Question what upgrade clutches have other members had or can recommend for the s1 thanks robin.
It had a new clutch by Audi under warranty at 4000 miles now just starting to slip againe

Last edited:
I have a Sachs organic clutch waiting to go in mine. Just waiting for mine to get worse. Got Clutch, cover, flywheel and slave cylinder.

Reactions: ROBIN S1
Just the dual mass one from Audi. Would have liked a lightened one but not sure if they do them

Its running 326 BHP and 351 ft/lb at the moment will be going up to 400/450 BHP hopefully.

Think will have to have one made to replace the dual mass then was thinking of going with sach clutch but don't know if they do one for s1 yet will have to some searching on Monday I think.

Yeah Sachs do 2 clutches for the S1 I have the organic but they do the sintered for even higher performance.

Got mine from Awesome Gti. Organic is rated up to 407 lbs ft torque and sintered is something like 457 lbs ft of torque

Got mine from Awesome Gti. Organic is rated up to 407 lbs ft torque and sintered is something like 457 lbs ft of torque

What's the organic like, compared to standard, for everyday driving?

What's the organic like, compared to standard, for everyday driving?
I haven't had it fitted yet. It's still all in boxes. My clutch is only slipping when you are in 6th at about 65/70 and you floor the throttle, so I'm waiting for it to get worse. To be honest it seems to be holding out lol

I haven't had it fitted yet. It's still all in boxes. My clutch is only slipping when you are in 6th at about 65/70 and you floor the throttle, so I'm waiting for it to get worse. To be honest it seems to be holding out lol
Haha, but if you didn't have one ready to fit, it would have gone ages ago

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Haha, but if you didn't have one ready to fit, it would have gone ages ago
You know lol. I thought I might gave helped it on its way at the Ipswich Audi meet when I raced their latest Ttrs, still fine tho

Reactions: THQuattro and ChrisG.
How did you get on against the ttrs? :)

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
How did you get on against the ttrs? :)
It was fun. Wet roads made it interesting. One of the Audisport members was driving the ttrs but he wasn't holding back. I did pass him on the A47, much to his surprise but that 400 bhp in the ttrs does make it quick and the noise is amazing .

Reactions: ChrisG.
my clutch has slipped about half a dozen times and have a sachs bing fitted Thursday. I did think about just holding off until it gets worse, but then i would have to change the flywheel so I figured to fit clutch now and save myself several hundred on having to replace the flywheel. i will be also having a miltek cat back fitted at the same time :wink new:

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and ChrisG.
my clutch has slipped about half a dozen times and have a sachs bing fitted Thursday. I did think about just holding off until it gets worse, but then i would have to change the flywheel so I figured to fit clutch now and save myself several hundred on having to replace the flywheel. i will be also having a miltek cat back fitted at the same time :wink new:
Yeah I thought it would be just the clutch and release bearing but my mechanics said to do the whole lot while it was in pieces just to be on the safe side. If the flywheel plays up later it will work out more expensive. You having the non res exhaust?

It was fun. Wet roads made it interesting. One of the Audisport members was driving the ttrs but he wasn't holding back. I did pass him on the A47, much to his surprise but that 400 bhp in the ttrs does make it quick and the noise is amazing .
Yes i did let Ian pass me but only because it was wet, not my car and i had his son in the car with me.

Reactions: lfcrule1972 and Ian Whiffen
Yeah I thought it would be just the clutch and release bearing but my mechanics said to do the whole lot while it was in pieces just to be on the safe side. If the flywheel plays up later it will work out more expensive. You having the non res exhaust?
Yeah having the non res fitted

I have now gone for a helex six paddle clutch haven't fitted it yet but soon as slipping in 5 and 6 if you plant it also doing the down pipe wile the box is off and sort the brakes at same time just need to get it in and done.
Not good driving like a nun on the good side it's mpg is much better lol

Yeah I'm going to get mine done in the next couple of weeks. Had my Sachs organic clutch sitting in a box since before Xmas. Oil change and new pads too.