Clutch Slip!!!

Tom Mineral Grey S3

Reaction score
Been out today and had a fool in a civic trye R sitting on my bumper, planted my foot in fourth and as it started to pull i felt the cluch slip, slowed down and did it again........... defo slippage!!!!!:sadlike:

Any advise on a replacement??Shall i go for oem replacemnet or upgrade?

Currently running stage 1 Revo and a few other bits, possible stage two on the horizon so thinking i may as well upgrade now if its got to be done one way or the other.

Cheers

Hello fella bad luck on the clutch! im having a sachs clutch fitted at the weekend, Ive done a bit of research and they're ment to be very good although not cheap!

Cheers Matt

****** hell how much!!! I thought i was ripped off when i paid £1800 for an HKS triple plate for the skyline

****** hell buddy, thas a bit more than i was looking to pay. Sure its a great part but unless i rob a bank in he near future think it can go on the wish list.

s3 hoggy. Does your clutch slip or are you just upgrading. Only reason i ask is yours has done 49k. My car has doe 45k, hope i dont have to change mine in the near future.

I had an oil leek that's contaminated the clutch! Only slipped twice but havnt driven it since (trying to save the flywheel)

Got a borg & beck clutch for my s3 for £90 and the slave cylinder for an extra £50

Sod paying 1k for a clutch job................

had same problem on mt LCR, stage 1 revo. clutch slipped between 2.5k and 4.5k. kept it out of the touque band it was fine. Got genuine clutch and master cylinder and usual wholesale clutch plate(from dingbro which i knew was the same as the std LUK item but £130 cheaper). Ran fine till i sold it and is still going strong. Surprised the original lasted till 75k actually.

Had same problem with mine as soon as i'd got the remap. Turned out it was actually a leaking slave cylinder but had the clutch replaced anyway. Was about £500

Great to have full torque again in high gears!

So i assume the Type R stayed with you then?!!!