clutch slip

s3ollie

Reaction score
Hi, my clutch is starting to slip in higher gears so i have downed my boost to give it a break for the moment.

Should i replace it with another standard one or am i best to go for an uprated one.

Will a standard one just get raped again? cars done 70K mile so its around the time it normally goes isn't it?

not sure if theres a specific time, my last car went from 25k miles to 125k with me hammering it the whole time..... still on its original

Just done mine ollie mate, my S3 had also done 70k and been re-mapped for 20k of it.
I did alot of researching into it and figured that the standard clutch was all i needed, replaced the whole kit though including the slave cylinder.

The thing with uprated clutches is you usually need to change the flywheel to a single mass instead of the standard dual mass, this gives you vibrations when the car is ticking over, i really didnt want this so stayed standard.

I paid £550 for the whole lot fitted using genuine parts from Midland VW in Cannock
Audi main dealers wanted in the region of £900 for the same thing...

thanks for the input. I'll just get a standard one. hope i don't end up in the same situation after a year or so...

My personal view is that if it has slipped once, it might again. Seems a bit of a lottery and I've seen lower milage cars with issues.

I'd go for an uprated item while you are in there.