Clutch slip?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
Think my clutch is slipping, however being in the very early stages in not 100% confident.
Whenever i come 'onto boost' the revs quickly raise by 500-750rpm without the roadspeed increasing - around the same time as the remap sucky noise 2700rpm.

I havent tried fully revving it out as i dont want to knacker the clutch completely (also havent budgetted for a clutch change yet)
but when i let off (usually 3750rpm at the latest) as the dv releases theengine kicks back violently.

Any other ideas as to what may cause this? split pipe maybe?.knackered DMf kicking back?

cheers

Just to add, it does this in 3rd,4th 5th and 6th.

sounds like clutch
if you had it remapped then most likely!
just had to put clutch in the leon 150 when remapped old clutch couldnt handle the torque
fitted helix clutch now its a different car

500-700 is quite a bit to not gain any speed mate so guessing it's clutch symptoms...

Tried it uphill yet? Where's your bite point

Hello Mr.CB.
Bite points good as always.
I havent tried it up a steep hill yet as i dont want to knacker the clutch further if it is that.... Need to nurse it along a bit longer lol

Bad time of year to do it indeed!

Doubt you would kill it that easily, try the hill by your work in 3rd?

Mines doin exactly the same and 2 of my mechanic pals have both said the same..... Clutch...

as well as the clutch it could be master / slave cylinder / fluid related

but it'll most likely just be a worn clutch and if it's doing it in third, it's been on the way out for a long time, soon it'll do it in second and then first, which will make the car unusable

Callum it does sound like the clutch buddy, if you accellerate in a high gear (5,6) from about 3000 revs if it slips you'll know for sure as it's the torque under load that shows it up most. Mines been fine for 2 years since Audi repaced it just after the remap so the standard clutch is up to the job, they just dont last forever, so you've probably just got to the stage in it's life where its had enough.

Catch you soon buddy
Nige

+1 for worn clutch - mines started doing it 2 years after being remapped, same symptoms of slight slipping when in 3rd/4th/5th and accelerating / on boost. It quickly progressed to slipping a lot more so ended up having a new clutch / DMF fitted.

Surprisingly, the clutch that came out didn't look at all bad, the wear was nowhere near the rivets on the friction surface but the heat marks left on the DMF told a different story.

Yippee... Christmas + road tax now a knackered clutch lol.
Think ill nurse it along till next month - block of wood under the gogo-pedal??

Being a qualified/ compitant mechanic it going to pain me outsourcing this job elsewhere, due to the time/ space/ effort required.

Also looking on the ECP site, there are two flywheels listed?.
the only difference is no of teeth.. 5 or 10?.
Surely not ring gear teeth?.
-- In ASN's experience.. who would make the better clutch kit. Sachs, Luk or OEM? (which is probably still LUK)

Hello there, I had strange problems with my clutch back in march when i had the car remapped, ( i did try my first standing start in the car-and it went nowhere at all-just revved up to redline and stayed on the spot) the clutch then slipped for around two months in every gear coming onto boost. I bought a LUK clutch, DMF and CSC but straight after that the clutch sorted itself out and has been fine ever since, ive even done a few standing starts to double check and its launched without any slip.

Just my input, sorry to hijack your thread! However it does seem like a few other members have had this problem as well. I dont know whether it was just down to "polishing" up the DMF or clutch?

GSF sorted me out with a clutch,DMF and CSC for around £380 genuine LUK just to let you know!

Anyway hope you sort it out!

I didnt get the new clutch etc fitted and its still in my house, there for when the inevitable happens!