clutch slip or something else

old-tin

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum and audis, i have just acquired an immaculate 2008 limited addition s3 and it's sweet :) but I'm having a slight issue. i have had the car tuned and it seems as if the clutch is slipping but not like i have ever seen one slip:uhm: it seems to slip in 4th 5th 6th at about 3500rpm to 5000rpm when i hear the dv fluttering then drops back to 3500 and climbs steadily.
so my question is, is it the clutch or something else?
thanks in advance

regards brendan

This is pretty common as soon as the car is remapped even at Stg1 sometimes.

A Sachs organic clutch and DMF will sort it or speak to Brodster for the deal he has on clutches.

thanks for the reply, would it be worth going with a single mass as I'm planing on upgrading to a garret turbo soonish or is the dmf good enough?

thanks for the reply, would it be worth going with a single mass as I'm planing on upgrading to a garret turbo soonish or is the dmf good enough?

If you're going down the big turbo route I'd advise an SMF setup like mine and also advise you to look at my build thread and crazylegscrane's.

It's a fair bit of work and money and needs a bit of decision making on which kit to choose.

What you need to think of is how much power and torque and then what parts or kit will fill that.

It's very easy to go in the wrong direction and get in a mess.

Last edited:
Strange question, but do even upgraded DMF exist ? I mean such flywheels with let's say stronger spring inside etc. ?

Strange question, but do even upgraded DMF exist ? I mean such flywheels with let's say stronger spring inside etc. ?

No....what you've got is the stock DMF,and that's it.

In any case,if you did want a BT kit at some stage,that won't be sufficient for the torque.