Ryan s3

Reaction score
Hi,
Driving yesterday.
Clutch pedal stuck to floor.
This likely to be master cylinder ?

Any white plastic remains on footwell?

Could possibly be pedal if self.
The cylinder piston joins onto pedal through bulkhead. Where it joins pedal is a box housing. It's sometimes common for the metal box housing welds to break.
Have a good look at the pedal.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I have tried to move the rod with some nose pliers and it seems quite stiff.
A white plastic clip is on the floor.
So just get a pedal then?

You can buy a new pedal and white clip. Roughly £25 from Audi or TPS.

Or you can remove the pedal and fix the box housing by straightening and rewelding (extra welds to make it stronger). Then all you need is to buy a new white clip.

Removal is fairly straightforward but refitting pedal is a pain due to the tension spring and getting new white clip back onto ball joint on end of piston (tip... Place new white clip into hot water for awhile to soften but placing back onto piston end).

Reactions: andrew_wright
Unfortunately I've been in this situation a few years ago back. Ended buying a new pedal from Audi.

Some people might suggest fixing old pedal and beefing up the welds but since my old one lasted 15 years and 150k+miles I gathered the new pedal could just last as long.
55b611c8061b3bc620b9d4f12ac2f61b.jpg
f4957a5146a2172f6e1ba561f523f5db.jpg

New pedal required.
Beefing up the welds means snapped shins in an accident.
They are supposed to break instead of your legs.
This happened to me.
New pedal sorted it
Try looking in the stickies

Yep mine was a leg breaker.
Been poorly welded before !!
New pedal today and good as new.
I almost traded her in for a 2010 plate.
Please can this car behave my patience is running thin

well no plastic bits on my floor so ****** dule mass foooked do they do a solid mass yet for these ??

well no plastic bits on my floor so ****** dule mass foooked do they do a solid mass yet for these ??
Try and get your head up under the pedal and look at the back of it there was no visible bits I could see on the floor when mine went

Does the pedal come back up? Maybe master cylinder or if a low fluid light and beeps slave cylinder?

got to pull pedal back up ****** love the car only got 130k on her this happens