Clutch Pedal Sticking

AdamQuattro3.2

Reaction score
I have a 53 plate quattro 3.2 V6 and my clutch pedal has started sticking down. It only does this when i really put the power down, driving normally it is fine and changes gear fine.

When the pedal sticks down it gets difficult to change gear and i have to hook my foot under the pedal and pull it up, then it's fine again. Normally happens on the motorway or if i accelerate fast.

Has anyone come across this before and have any ideas? im hoping it isnt a sign that the clutch is about to go :/

Thanks

Have the same problem, even after clutch change.

I had this in my S3 recently and I had to change the clutch and flywheel.
But i did find bleeding the system and toping it up with fresh fluid did help a lot before I had it changed.

Shouldn't this problem be related to clutch cylinders? I have the same issue, it happens when I push the car to it's limits, when I floor the gas pedal from one stop light to the next. It seems like the clutch pedal becomes very very light, and that it returns slower to starting point. And then when I drive it more gently, it returns to normal, it returns faster to starting point and it's much harder like it should be. I talked to my mechanic and he said that the problem is probbably related to clutch cylinder??

Exactly what happened to mine with the pedal and it was clutch and flywheel. I'm sure the clutch bearing/cylinder is hydraulic so if your changing that you might as well change it all. But same 1st and 2nd was the worst.

I guess I should then buy a new Sachs-Loba stage 3 clutch with a SMF, just to be sure..?

Currently I'm running a stock S3, and was thinking to do a Revo Stg1 in the near future, I was just afraid of the clutch related problems, since I'm having minor difficulties with it now on stock map. But if I were to change it, I would definitely take the uprated Sachs Stg2 or Stg3 clutch with a SMF, and then if I would go to Stg2 or Stg2+ I would have the clutch part solved. I just don't know would there be a problem if I would install a Stg2 or Stg3 clutch kit on a stock or Stg1 map at the moment?

Thanks guys, funnily enough it has done it for a week and then I have been driving carefully and its been fine. I tried a clutch slip test and it was fine. The car has been sat still for 2 months in cold weather so my thoughts are may just be cable was seized slightly? Wishful thinking maybe?

I believe that if you drive carefully and if you look out on your clutch you could drive for many many miles before changing the clutch..