Clutch pedal sticking

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
Had it a couple of times today .. clutch doesn't return to normal height occasionally - not good today when I was launching enthusiastically, nasty smell of burnt clutch!

Anyone know what casues this? And whatever it is is it likely to be covered by Audi warranty?

Cheers!
Adam

mines done this once almost stuck to the floor. was really cold at the time and had just set off, just got my foot undereath and pulled it up. hasnt done it since, i just put it down to cold.

cheers tony

Do a search on here. There have been a few threads about clutch pedal faults.

If I remember, they can break causing this and other syptoms.

Mine creaks. Never had it stick though. Did yours creak before it started sticking? Again this seems to be related to it being cold.

I had the same symptons, like Andy it turnt out to be the master cylinder also.

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same symptons, like Andy it turnt out to be the master cylinder also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks chaps ... I was thinking slave cylinder but I'm not yet familiar with the setup on the S3.

Did a search and most seem to be problems with the pedal or the pedal box - cant see it being that as it's intermittent.

..will get on the blower to Audi this morning as I dont want to be left stranded - hate dealing with those clowns but needs must.

Cheers,
Adam

Well they're picking the car up from me tomorrow to take a look, bloke on the phone actually sounded like he'd changed the oil on a car once and said he thinks it's the master cylinder too and it should be covered by the warranty.

Fingers crossed - will I actually get what I want without having to make a scene in the dealers?

Cheers,
Adam

Well the called later in the afternoon to say they had located a part and fitted it yesterday.

No more sticky pedal and also the slight clunk that I assumed was normal when dropping the clutch has vanished which is nice.

Can someone tell me where the clutch master cylinder is located in the engine bay?

Cheers,
Adam

Directly behind the clutch pedal Adam, there's a rod that goes from the pedal into the master cylinder

[ QUOTE ]
Directly behind the clutch pedal Adam, there's a rod that goes from the pedal into the master cylinder

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I like to have a nose around after anyone works on the car to make sure that new bits look new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
Adam