Clutch Judder ..... 63 plate A4 B8.5 HELP !!!!

Anthony566

Reaction score
So my 63 plate A4 went into my local Audi dealer today as I had an odd knocking sound randomly so they had a look at it and they sais its due to tyre wear ... a bit odd I thought but I am almost due some new ones as I'm down to 4 mm.

My car has done 50k

The shocker was the second comment that my car had clutch shudder and two engineers had checked and confirmed it they then said it would be £1100 to diagnose the clutch issue so my question is this ...

My old A4 54 plate ( 1.8 T which I still have ) had the clutch replaced at 240,000 miles as it spent all of its life on the motorway and is to this day still running fine.

So what do I do next ? do I need to talk to Audi UK ??

Talk to Audi UK, mention your loyalty to the brand, how you still have the previous car and how you are surprised it has not lasted as long, you were intending to keep this one until it was 3 years old and then buy the new shape A4 but now are thinking of looking at other brands....

Reactions: Lavis89 and scotty76
Mate, I had my old car December 2013 177 Quattro for saw thing and they couldn't find fault. I didn't buy from the Audi garage I took it to.

My dad got his 2012 a4 from same garage and booked his in last Xmas and they replaced the clutch, flywheel and release bearing under warranty. His car had 23k miles on it at the time. His was worse than my car but in saying that, they changed it no problem and brushed my car off twice. My car had 16k miles at the time.

Ring Audi UK and say your considering changing brand as this isn't type of service or loyalty you thought you'd receive.

We had on ein with similar symptoms... diagnosed as a faulty throttle flap and EGR.. Weird hey