clutch issue

Steveo135

Reaction score
Hi, any help will be great. Recently fitted a new clutch and slave to my audi. Now then after leaving the car over night it becomes a ****** to get in gear. On pumping the pedal it will eventually engage. I've noticed around where the pipe goes into the slave some fluid near the clip that holds the pipe In place. This is a brand new slave cylinder its driving me mad. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

If you used pump the pedal method to bleed the system after fitting the slave cylinder the seal has probably reversed/failed.

Ok, so I get a new slave cylinder, fitted to the car and bleed up no issues, then bang (loud noise) clutch pedal goes and the slave cylinder has destroyed itself. Fluid pours out everywhere. Please someone shed some light. It's had a new clutch and release bearing also.

Any help would be great..

Steve

I bleed the system manually. It's strange as before with the old one it were a cast slave that I had fitted and that were fine. Only lost pressure. This was a plastic slave. Lile the original one i took off. On bleeding Literally got a pedal. It then went rock hard and and then broke.

I bleed the system manually. The slave fitted last time that went back was a cast metal type. This one worked got gear etc only lost pressure. The one I fitted yesterday was a plastic one like the original one I removed. Pumped the pedal all air was out. Then pedal went hard and then bang it all collapsed dropping loads of brake fluid everywhere. It's strange as when the cast one was in it drove etc.

Again any help would be great

Before I waste another 40 quid haha. If i clamp off the hose that goes to the slave cylinder and pump the pedal am I right in thinking if the master cylinder is ok I'd expect the pedal to go hard??? Sorry if it's a silly question.

Also if the arm in the box that holds the release bearing in place was to be bent would that also cause the more pressure on the slave therfore breaking it???

If the clutch master had failed would this cause these symptoms. Just reading up these look a ****** to replace.