Clutch fluid?

Lex

Reaction score
I was just driving and felt the clutch stay at halfway when my foot was completely off. So i pumped the clutch abit whist i was stoped and it feels fine now but my question is

Where is the clutch fluid? so i can fill it up

im not a mechanic so please forgive me for that stupid question.

cheers

lex

I could be wrong but sounds more like air in the system to me that will need to be bleeded out.

The clutch shares the same fluid reservoir as the brakes so its the cap on the master cylinder. You may find this is ok tho, if you were short of fluid the pedal would be very light and on pressing the clutch the level would shoot straight to the floor. Cant really suggest what it could be, possibly the clutch slave cylinder at the pedal?

Cluch and brake use the same fluid - DOT4 IIRC

Its on the back left of the engine...against the firewall with a yellow cap.

cheers kaz, the fluid is all fine

but my clutch is getting worse now, it now needs more pumping to keep running and just 5 mins ago on my way home it wouldn't let me select first.

has any1 else had these problems with a clutch or slave cylinder ?

lex

cheers kaz, the fluid is all fine

but my clutch is getting worse now, it now needs more pumping to keep running and just 5 mins ago on my way home it wouldn't let me select first.

has any1 else had these problems with a clutch or slave cylinder ?

lex

Rebirth of an old post :blush: Lex, what did this problem turn out to be as I'm going through the same sort of thing at the mo with mine :sob:

it actually turned out to be the brakes
the discs and pads were getting bad but still felt alright but the car senses this and stops the clutch from working so you cant drive the car, just a safety feature so your brakes dont fail whist being driven