clutch facts, single & dual mass ectectect

• Thread starter cornish_a3_turbo
  • Start date
C

cornish_a3_turbo

right,

i have an agu engined a3 1.8 turbo non quatty.

i want to change the clutch and fly wheel to single mass, but i am running around 240 bhp.... so i want something to last.

so, there fore im asking 4 part numbers, facts, direct replacement stuff...or upmarket!

come on, some 1 on here must know....

also, do you lose power if the clutch and fly wheel is ******?!

cheers guys!

:anbet:

think you want the g60 clutch and fly wheel, think thats what the 5sp people use, you wont loose any power if the clutch is nackered as thats on the transmision side of things not the engine, but however the power your engine does produce will not be able to be put the power to the ground as your clutch will slip thus stopping the power being sent to the front wheels as the transition of power from engine to gearbox will be compramised by the slipping clutch

i see, yea is slipping under boost.

any g60 clutch??

yea its 5 speed

cheers matey

not entierly sure on the clutch mate never needed to look into it as i have s3 but sure its either g60 or vr6 do a quick serch

Buy for max torque not bhp. Any G60 type flywheel with your choice of clutch. Lightened flywheel if you want. OEM VR6 pressure plate and diaphram spring is rated at 275 lb/ft of torque (but they seem to take up to about 300lb/ft).

Look at clutchnet stage 2 or stage 3 if you plan for more power in the future.

ideal, so a g60 clutch and solid fly wheel should fit straight in??

cheers

No, it's the other way round. You need a G60 or MK3 golf 16V flywheel (hey are solid, yes) to bolt to the end of the crank.

You then need a VR6 clutch kit which fits to the gearbox input shaft and clutch release lever.

Once you've got the flywheel on, you just use clutch kits designed for the MK3 golf VR6 if you upgrade later.

ideal. ill look into ordering 1 then....any 1 rolling a performance 1....on day to day use??

whats it like..??

cheers

I have lightened flywheel (approx 6.3kg) with OEM vr6 clutch. Pedal is nice and light. Slight judder when moving off in 1st. Normal and you get used to it.

Some gearboxes can make a slight noise rattle with single mass flywheel at idle due to less damping in the system. It's a bearing thing and in no way harmful.

Overall the benefits outweight these things in my opinion.

i've got the vr6 sachs clutch kit and ABF (g60) lightened flywheel too. there's is a very slight noise rattle at idle and the clutch feel is same as OEM. bought the clutch kit from here:

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/

I got the fly lightened and balanced by Martin (hotgolf) on clubgti.

You can notice the difference between the DM and SM lightened one. well worth mod imo

check this thread (i asked that before)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44099

I have a fidanza aluminium solid flywheel in my S3 and sachs clutch. Fly wheel only weighs 10lbs. Good results in acceleration, but has a louder transmition noise. Its not bad, but just note that it is louder than standard. Have a look at www.fidanza.com for details and you can buy them from ebay. Mine came from a company called gripforce.