Clutch change advice....leaking fluid.

pj123

Reaction score
My clutch slave cylinder has finally given up after 16 years (12 years of my ownership) and I have found brake fluid leaking from the transmission. Clutch is still original @ 121k.

Wondering when I change the concentric slave cylinder and the clutch what else I should change while I have it in bits. Dual mass is expensive, is it going to be pretty worn and worth changing?

Any other stretch bolts or seals that should get changed?

Wanting to keep it fully OEM and believe the LUK clutch is the same: £337 for the lot seems ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-S3-1...df:m:mpf72rl4wyfRK-8lgfWtRhw&autorefresh=true

This will be the first clutch I have changed, any tips would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Paul

PS This guide seems quite good.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...al-Clutch-Replacement-diy-Quick-Version/page3

Don't buy a clutch from that ebayer theirs plenty horror story's around if you google them !! You can get a new clutch and dmf from euros for around that maybe 400 use code xmas for extra discount, I would defo change you dmf whilst it's out, sure the more experienced will be along to advise better :)

Oh yes they look dodgy, thanks. Purchased from ECP for £366 with a £65 saving, thanks again.

If you split the transfer box from the gearbox do you need to drain the oil first...the guide skips this bit...

Reactions: westcoast a3
I would do the master cylinder while you have it in bits pal,

drain the transfer and the gearbox clean the magnetic plug on the transfer box as it will be full of crap

Exactly as s3-lincs says mate,(I'm sure he advised me when I did mine!)my clutch started going after I got my car mapped but was still drivable,then one day I got in it and.....nothing. Turns out it was the master cyl that failed before the clutch finally gave up but did the whole lot anyway. Clutch/dmf/bolts/concentric slave and master cyl. All the parts cost a small fortune but luckily I had the use of the ramp at work,wouldn't fancy doing this job on the drive,it would have been a nightmare. Did all the oils too...which from Audi cost a ****** fortune alone!