1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch and Flywheel for S3 BAM [emoji85]

Black May 17, 2018

1. Black

Black Member

Any recommendations Single conversion or keep Dual?

What brand to go for?

Thanks[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Black

Black Member

Just to mention I'll probably will be going Stage 2 so something decent to hold it.

Thanks

4. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

I have that clutch on mine(was already on the car) the only thing with it is it’s noisy when in neutral as the gearbox chatters, imtold it’s normal for single mass flywheels it’s not loud but it just sounds ****

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Black likes this.
  5. Black

Black Member

Hi bud,

Thanks for you reply how loud is it? Is it annoying on the other hand you are rarely in a neutral gear anyway

Thanks

6. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

It it’s fairly noticeable especially with radio off and makes your hot hatch sound like a diesel when it needs replacing il go duel mass

7. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+ Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

I’m with TJ on this, stick with Dual mass

Black, SHUk and Tj 0785 like this.
  8. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Yeah stick with dual mass flywheel.
    I think a few people are running the Sachs paddle clutch plate from badger 5 and then every thing else oem.

Black likes this.
  9. Black

Black Member

So just to clarify if I am going to be running Stage 2 around 280bhp/300bhp tops would you say it's worth going for upgraded clutch or not

I have been quoted around £380/£400 just for labour and around £340 for Valeo single mass conversion kit and around £500 for Sasch DMF and clutch

10. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

My TT is running 275bhp and 300Lb/ft on the standard 90K mile clutch and it runs fine. If your not planning any more than 300Lb/ft I would just stick with OE stuff.

S3AMJ likes this.
  11. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

The labour is apparently 9 hours (that was from the maintenance book when I got a quote). so £400 is probably right for labour then the clutch and release bearing/slave cylinder and flywheel is about another £800-£900

I bet some people can do it much quicker than the 9 hours book estimate.

Black likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Warsuperior

Warsuperior Active Member

I put in mine Luk DMF and cover + Sachs 4-paddle disk.
    Tuffty has this too and it can handle great torque and power while retaining OEM feel driving sensation.

Black likes this.
  14. Black

Black Member

Link to the parts please. Thanks

15. Warsuperior

Warsuperior Active Member

16. Black

Black Member

Hi Guys,

I have gone for the genuine LUK DMF and LUK clutch etc.

I thought might aswell do it properly.

What power would you suggest to limit myself to around 270bhp/280bhp mark

Thanks[​IMG]

17. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Considering 270-280hp is the upper limit for most std K04's then you won't really have head room to limit anyway...

Power is largely irrelevant as its torque and its onset that contribute to determining clutch capabilities... driving style (in particular launching) will also have a massive affect on clutch longevity...

In reality people have been having stage 2 maps for years and running standard clutch setups... at this level power output is less of a contributory factor of clutch wear and capability than driving style... a couple of hard launches in a mapped car will take its toll... with spirited driving, mechanical sympathy will give longer life but probably not as long as unmapped due to the increase in torque showing up worn friction plates sooner

<tuffty/>

Black likes this.
  18. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

As always tuffty. So well explained.

Black likes this.