Clutch and Flywheel for S3 BAM [emoji85]

Black

Reaction score
Any recommendations Single conversion or keep Dual?

What brand to go for?

Thanks
fe30ad08d00a7d0e1db40f790198640a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have that clutch on mine(was already on the car) the only thing with it is it’s noisy when in neutral as the gearbox chatters, imtold it’s normal for single mass flywheels it’s not loud but it just sounds crap

Last edited:
Reactions: Black
I have that clutch on mine(was already on the car) the only thing with it is it’s noisy when in neutral as the gearbox chatters, imtold it’s normal for single mass flywheels it’s not loud but it just sounds ****
Hi bud,

Thanks for you reply how loud is it? Is it annoying on the other hand you are rarely in a neutral gear anyway

Thanks

It it’s fairly noticeable especially with radio off and makes your hot hatch sound like a diesel when it needs replacing il go duel mass

I’m with TJ on this, stick with Dual mass

Reactions: Black, SHUk and Tj 0785
Yeah stick with dual mass flywheel.
I think a few people are running the Sachs paddle clutch plate from badger 5 and then every thing else oem.

So just to clarify if I am going to be running Stage 2 around 280bhp/300bhp tops would you say it's worth going for upgraded clutch or not

I have been quoted around £380/£400 just for labour and around £340 for Valeo single mass conversion kit and around £500 for Sasch DMF and clutch

My TT is running 275bhp and 300Lb/ft on the standard 90K mile clutch and it runs fine. If your not planning any more than 300Lb/ft I would just stick with OE stuff.

Reactions: S3AMJ
The labour is apparently 9 hours (that was from the maintenance book when I got a quote). so £400 is probably right for labour then the clutch and release bearing/slave cylinder and flywheel is about another £800-£900

I bet some people can do it much quicker than the 9 hours book estimate.

I put in mine Luk DMF and cover + Sachs 4-paddle disk.
Tuffty has this too and it can handle great torque and power while retaining OEM feel driving sensation.

Considering 270-280hp is the upper limit for most std K04's then you won't really have head room to limit anyway...

Power is largely irrelevant as its torque and its onset that contribute to determining clutch capabilities... driving style (in particular launching) will also have a massive affect on clutch longevity...

In reality people have been having stage 2 maps for years and running standard clutch setups... at this level power output is less of a contributory factor of clutch wear and capability than driving style... a couple of hard launches in a mapped car will take its toll... with spirited driving, mechanical sympathy will give longer life but probably not as long as unmapped due to the increase in torque showing up worn friction plates sooner

<tuffty/>