1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Clutch and fly wheel change

Seanchadwick2k3 Mar 14, 2020

1. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition

Hello people

I haven't really been very active on here for a while and the car has been a bit neglected with moss growing on the rear windows!

I've noticed recently the clutch is slipping in 3rd gear over 2000 rpm so I know it's on its way so I'm taking it easy at the moment. I've been quoted if I remember rightly 3-400 to do the work but I'm tempted to give it a blast myself. I have found some instructions that I think are correct but I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how difficult this is to do. I'm quite handy with tools and have access to everything i need other than a ramp but I have stands. Do you think this is doable or am I likely to get myself in a mess?

Thanks

Sean

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Pee Jam

Pee Jam A6 Avant LeMans 3.0L Seat Alhambra xcellence Gold Supporter

Hi Sean

£3-400 is a good price, id go with that and save yourself the skinned knuckles and ball ache of doing it yourself!

The last clutch I did myself was on a mk5 RS2000 nearly 20 years ago and it half killed me trying to lift the gearbox back into position, you soon run out of puff if it will not go on and align after a few attempts.

4. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant

Same as above, Sean.
    Mine is on the way also and hopefully will be done this year but I would pay someone to do it properly.
    Also for the eventual labour warranty reasons.

I have been quoted just under 9 hours to do clutch and dmfl on my 2.0 engine.

Sent from H P20 PRO

5. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition

My dad would normally do this sort of stuff but I don't think he is really up to it now. Thanks for the advice dudes looks like I'll probably book it in. 9 hours is a lot and would probably be 18 for me if I tried!

KrisKrk likes this.
  6. Bbflex

Bbflex Registered User

I done mine on my back, it’s not too bad, I did the hex key in the sump and RMS as it had been split by previous owner.

I do use a gearbox jack though, without it is just a ball ache.

these C6’s aren’t too bad, disconnect cat and DP section, unbolt driveshafts, slave cylinder and gear linkage, remove wiring and starter motor, then drop the whole rear gearbox mount, then your ready to unbolt gearbox iirc.