Clutch and DMF kits pricing.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all and a very merry Christmas to you all .
Right then , as some of you may recal I had a clutch/flywheel issue a while back and it was diagnosed as being on the way out, as it wasn't too bad I have held back from the dreaded fix but today I noticed euro car bods are doing a xmas sale on service parts with almost 70% off, now I allways take all these things with a big pinch of salt to be honest, I allway maintain they increase the price to way over the normal just before to make the sale price look so good.
Anyway, I need a new clutch kit and DMF and the bolts, they are doing LUK items that would ( they say) cost £923 pounds notes normally for bargain price of £623 , now is this really a good deal chaps or just inline with other sources for retail parts.
here is the quote, any feedback would be great, also it doesn't specifically state for a Quattro either so do the part number look to be correct.
thanks in advance
rob
Clutch1

I just had a clutch and dmf supplied and fitted for £636.

well managed to haggle ECP a bit more today so got the correct LUK DMF & 3 piece clutch kit for £544 , so still a few more quids out of the piggy bank but a lot less than I had expected a few days ago....struth my wallet is getting a hammering at present......

ah yes , that will be why then, less work and labour hourly charges than the 4wd variants, thanks anyway.

I can't see there being that much difference between the 2 & 4 wd boxes as all that's different is one has a drive shaft coming out of it I would've thought.

that's what I thought carl, but the time to do the job on the Quattro is 6.5 hrs and my local indy says to allow 7 to be safe , 2wd is a lot less .

That's the other thing that bumps it up.....when it says a job is x long you pay for it whether it was that long or shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know carl, I don't mind doing the job myself , but its just getting in the right frame of mind to go out and do it.
my indy has quoted me £425 to do the job as I have the parts already, just need to make up my mind which way to go, as I could put the £425 towards my paintwork project.

I would rather do it myself and save the money as that is a massive chunk of change. But as we get older it gets harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once over i would of done my own as i'm a/was a time served grease monkey(scaffolder now) but now my back hurts just bending over a car to change a filter. Also cars were easier to fix when i was on the tools.

I think the worse part is getting the gearbox off and on again without damaging anything else, if I do mine ill be using some of my decent heavy duty axle stands and ramps to get the car up in the air, I do have a nice clean and dry spare garage that I can get the old bus in to work on it at home here so that's a big help, if I can find a decent transmission jack ,a low profile one that is the job will be a lot easier me thinks.