1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please Clunking drivers seat

martinivw Apr 24, 2018

1. martinivw

martinivw :)

Hi, Does anyone else Drivers seat move slightly (clunk) when puling away / coming to a stop ? mine is really doing my head in. Car is 2013 sline avant :(
    Thanks
    Martin

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. davidg123

davidg123 Member

Not meaning to sound condescending, but are the bolts on the rails fully tight? That's all I can think.....

4. martinivw

Hi, yes all bolts appear to be tight, I read about some plastic bushings that can wear over time and some people having the seat frame/rail replaced , aparently these only cured it for a short time till movement returned :eek:

5. martinivw

No one else’s drivers seat do this?

6. Diesel bob

Diesel bob New Member

Yes my 2009 Avant does it, I used spray grease on the three locking pins each side and it got a lot better but it still does it from time to time. I need to have a proper look at some point.

martinivw likes this.
  7. martinivw

Cheers bob ill give it a try, its driving me nuts

8. martinivw

I gave this a go hoping it would help but no joy, the movement is coming from the 4 torx bolts attaching seat to the runner, I believe they fit in through plastic bushes Into the runner. I did try tightening them up but that made no difference either