Clunk through steering wheel

Stonefish

Reaction score
Hello,

I've noticed that I can feel a slight clunk through the steering wheel when I pull away from rest. I notice it most when I'm in traffic and pull away slowly. I can't seem to hear any noise. Dose anyone have an idea of what could be causing it?

Thanks.

What you describe sounds exactly like the clunk i have had recently. When pulling away it was at 8mph like clockwork.. clonk! pulling up with the wheels turned to reverse park.. clonk, turning the steering full lock.. clonk.. Actually turned out the 3 bolts that hold the gear box mount was not even done up, one was hanging out showing threads (I had just had the clutch and flywheel replaced a week before, they must of missed tightening them up), so the clonk was infact the gear box moving and could be felt through the steering.
Have you have any work recently where these might have got lose?

There are 3 of these bolts dead centre under the car at the rear of the engine, no need to remove the under tray, .
10818992_790180211028322_965249113_n.jpg

Thanks Booboo and Meemo for your replies.
Booboo, I'll have to check.
Meemo, I'll take a look over the weekend. I've not had anything done. These modern cars are soooo low, I'll try parking on the kerb and have a look.

What you describe sounds exactly like the clunk i have had recently. When pulling away it was at 8mph like clockwork.. clonk! pulling up with the wheels turned to reverse park.. clonk, turning the steering full lock.. clonk.. Actually turned out the 3 bolts that hold the gear box mount was not even done up, one was hanging out showing threads (I had just had the clutch and flywheel replaced a week before, they must of missed tightening them up), so the clonk was infact the gear box moving and could be felt through the steering.
Have you have any work recently where these might have got lose?

There are 3 of these bolts dead centre under the car at the rear of the engine, no need to remove the under tray, .
10818992_790180211028322_965249113_n.jpg

Had the same issue after having some gearbox work and clutch/flywheel done on my old b7. Few weeks later, loud clunk on breaking. Quick tighten up and never did it again.

I nearly suggested on you're thread but thought otherwise . Sorry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo