Clock is always wrong to fast

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
So I have tried setting the clock from the radio signal and it's still fast, it's as if it not getting the radio signal.
Still on the bright side I'm early everywhere :)
Anyone else found this?

Didn't think the C6 had the facility to set the clock from the radio or satellite in the UK, was always one of those things I couldn't understand why when a basic Vauxhall Corsa had it and it was in the A6 handbook yet Audi UK chose not to spec it in the UK. C7 gets it time from a GPS signal

Funny enough I noticed this morning that my clock was fast. Haven't had the time to change it yet. How do you change it from RDS?

dcf295259246b64a66de2c23adfe55f3.jpg
cda7cecc92d7cba5d33b17cdefdde14c.jpg

Reactions: Markjb
I stand corrected. No explanation as to why you are not getting the time updated properly. Do you listen to FM radio and on a station that is broadcasting an RDS data stream?

Heart kiss so assume so. Will have to leave the fm on radio 2 and try again while I listen to dab

Heart kiss so assume so. Will have to leave the fm on radio 2 and try again while I listen to dab
On the clock display on the dash (below the rev counter) do you have a small aerial symbol next to the time. If it is not there then it would confirm that the car is not getting the time from the radio for some reason

No aerial signal beside the time below the rev counter :-(

Set clock manually and at the moment staying ok but over the weekend I will change back to see if it changes.

Yep click not reading from the rds data as still the wrong time today even being subjected to radio 2 on fm for half an hour :)

Info on the radio clock, Link:- http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagnostic/ecu_10896.html#1

Now the main thing about how it sync :-

The DCF-77 radio signal is emitted at a carrier frequency of 77.5 kHz

So you selecting whatever in RADIO menus is not going to make difference, the unit is directly connected to ins.cluster and gets it info from direct source, there is info on that site IIRC or google.

Perhaps a previous owner has enabled feature by VCDS and not disabled and hardware not there? I know this link state saloon but location is same for avant and image will give idea what you looking for, Link:- http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagnostic/ecu_10904.html

I'm assuming the car data sticker in the spare wheel well/service log would not have the PR code relating to radio clock as it usually not have the full PR code list for car, PR code U2A is radio-controlled clock tachometer and trip odometer but it only seems to show with km/h ins.clusters in EPC, also when checking UK brochures not shown as option but I will also check a original hard copy I have of 2005 brochure as that differs from the online PDF brochures.

In module 17 , measuring block 2 data window 2 is supposed to be radio clock (test mode) and measuring block 11 data window 4 Radio clock synchronisation time.

My car not have radio clock, nor have I changed adaptation in ins.cluster to make it think it has radio clock as I have no signal receiver in rear bumper but will check what it show there, do you have VCDS?

unfortunately no VCDS as yet, would like to find someone local that has one. Will have a look on the data sticker. When i got the car the headlamps were miles out (auto leveling and auto level works) so I had to manually adjust, just wondering if someone has had a remap wiped and reset it back to factory ish?

When you mean remap I assume you mean like performance remapping?

If so remap is not done in ins.cluster, remap software is loaded to engine control unit (ECU).

Will check MVB's in ins.cluster tomorrow and enable feature to see if menu appear even if I have no receiver and report back as long as the wife hasn't whipped me into submission with the VCDS cable! LOL

Ok cheers
Good luck with the whipping :)

Reactions: gupsterg
My car originally had adaptation channel 19 as 0 , which is no radio clock, measuring block 2 data window 2 was showing TEST OFF , measuring block 11 window 4 was showing 0. MVB 11 window 4 is just to show what is in adaptation channel 19, ie radio clock sync interval setting.

Then I changed channel 19 to 1 , the value you set is the interval at which the radio clock will sync with DCF-77 signal, the value can be 1-50 min. I was already in the time menu in MMI when I changed adaptation in module 17 (ins.cluster), the Time source menu appeared automatically.

Then I viewed measuring block 2 again and it now changed to Receiver N.ok , no DTC's were recorded in module 17 for lack of radio receiver. I did then lock car and unlock and repeat scans and no DTC's, so only way to see fault or lack of radio receiver without visual checks is MVB 2 data window 2 in module 17.

Here is a video of me doing some stuff in VCDS

Near end of video you'll see I did an output test in module 17 and there was no lamp/indicator for radio wave that came on. I've noted now after viewing video there is a segment test, that maybe the one to do when you read on and see info below.

I then looked at owners quick ref card, Link:- http://www.vaglinks.com/docs/audi/quickreference/audi.co.uk_audi_a6_c6_quickreferenceguide.pdf

Page 5 had no info, then on page 8 I noticed a blurry logo by the clock, further googling revealed this great thread Link:- http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6843

So do you get a logo like in A8 thread rich? I don't when coding radio wave clock in, I think it only comes on when successful sync or if you have the radio wave receiver and as my ins.cluster detecting lack of receiver in my car no logo mate.

I will try the segment test in cluster to see if logo appear and report back :D, I've also left car in radio clock mode and synced my watch to it see what goes on :) .

Last edited:
No logo showing. Retro fitting nice find.

Part number for the receiver module on the A6 is 4B0 919 145B changed to 8K0 919 145A, it also has a single 3 pin plug so looks a simple retrofit.