Clock change

Soulboy

Reaction score
My car has got the little satellite image next to the clock and I thought it changed automatically for BST/GMT?
It hasn't.
I then had a quick look round for a manual adjustment and couldnt find it either

Can anyone give a quick answer to save me having to rtfm.
:beerchug:
Ta

My car was the same - satellite image next to clock and it did not change automatically. I found in system settings time sub menu (should be top left option in the MMI system settings screen) that my car was set for No against the automatic clock change option - i.e. at change from summer to winter time it was set to not change automatically. Changed this to a yes and it now is on the correct time.

Hope this helps

Reactions: phil1824
I had the same issue.
Look on the MMI in car setup.
I think it was top left button says time.

Set it from satellite to manual then back to GPS and it updated itself.

My A3 did not do the DST time change. However, the A7 courtesy car I currently have did do the time change automatically.

Seems odd - esp as the MMI systems in the A7 and A3 seem identical (apart from the screen size difference).

And no doubt every March and Oct until we follow Russia's lead !

Reactions: Wondering Soul
The "Manual change to BST" option (whatever the exact wording is) is NOTHING to do with whether it'll update automatically or not - it never updates automatically. You use this option to set whether the time should be BST or GMT, simple as that.

Thanks for the replies.
Done in a jiffy.:eagerness:
I had spent quite a bit of time trying to find the time setting earlier in the day and couldn't find it.

Lol - drove mine yesterday and forgot to change the time........cue me in a panic thinking I will be late to pick up Mrs Pulp from work! Sat outside her office like a donut for 15 minutes before she text me saying I'm an hour early. Soon found out how to change the clock settings - very embarrassing.

Reactions: tektrob
This is called progress. In y'olden days, our car clocks used to be set from FM-RDS (which in this country corrected for GMT/BST), or DAB (again, corrected for GMT/BST). In rare cases, the car clock could be set from the 60kHz MSF (ex-Rugby) UK Radio Clock signal, transmitter at Anthorn, Cumbria.

Now, our new cars get their time signal from GPS - which of course, has no concept of Wintertime or Summertime! Hence no automatic correction for GPS time based signals.

In fact, GPS is actually 16 seconds out from UTC (due to leap seconds), see here for more info:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/time-change-to-bst.213816/#post-2126848
so the GPS receiver in the car needs to correct for this 16 second variance.

So - in order to "fix" our cars for automatically changing BST, they need to either
Reference FM-RDS again
Reference DAB again
Reference the 60kHz UK Radio Clock
Or insert rules into the software (Last Sunday in March +0100 at 0100, Last Sunday in October -0100 at 0200)

Simply put - because our cars get their time from GPS - GPS has no concept of Summertime/Wintertime.

Reactions: DickiePhitt
Why Audi don't fit a Radio-controlled clock module tuned to the UK transmitter I don't know. As far as I know all cars sold in mainland Europe have one fitted that is tuned to the German transmitter. Surely Audi sell enough cars in the UK to justify the fitting of a UK tuned version.

I have a German Junghans alarm clock that is tuned to the German transmitter and it updates with no problem at all. I also have several RC clocks tuned to the UK transmitter and the all just change automatically with no input from me.

Perhaps Audi regard Ireland as part of mainland Europe !

Reactions: illingworth22
Our A1 changed over automatically. My 2010 A4 had to be manually moved.

I had to manually adjust daylight savings on my car but the missus' TT did it automatically

Had a look whilst driving this morning but couldn't find the menu option so presume you have to be stationary.

Had to do mine manually this morning...sure it did itself when they went forward!!!

Sussed it - totally missed the 'Time' soft key top left was looking under the 'MMI Setup' menu top right soft key. Had to untick the summer time box.

Reactions: veeeight
Ha I knew when I cam in to work this Bank Holiday Monday :) the question would have been asked......

Mine changes automatically :)

^ You are part of Europe and use the Euro :p

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Mine changed automatically - but the day before I changed the setting for updating DST automatically. I guess by default it's set to manual change.

1. 5F - Information Elect.
  2. Adaptatopm - 10
  3. Channel = Summertime automatic
  4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
  • None
  • Manual
  • Europe (Automatic)
  • USA
  • Automatic (Does not work - Request out of Range error)
*Audi UK Default = Manual

Reactions: Rob2k68, Martinbanshee and dts439
5d3c88a48763919e8a06278290b37124.jpg

Done! Should be like this out the factory.

Reactions: veeeight, Rob2k68 and DJAlix
Cool - job for tomorrow lunchtime ;o)

Just done mine but it would only change the MMI menu line to Martin's screenshot above when set to Automatic.

Possibly slightly different software in the car? My car is an early MY15 delivered at the end of October 2014.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi! Does anyone know how to get the auto time sync working on a retrofitted 3G+ on an A5? Been scratching my head about this for a while..

Hi! Does anyone know how to get the auto time sync working on a retrofitted 3G+ on an A5? Been scratching my head about this for a while..
Under settings can you note select "GPS" as your Time Source?

I only have;

Time
Date
Time Zone
Time Format

Does something need to coded for it to pick up Time Source and daylight savings?