1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Clips either side of fuel filter

david7m Mar 4, 2014

1. david7m

david7m Registered User

Hi
    I'm on paternity leave and trying to get some little jobs done on the S3 before I go back Thursday.
    So far, nothing has worked and its currently un drivable while I'm waiting for a dip stick following pcv fail.
    Today's fail is the fuel filter!
    How the hell do you get the clips off ?
    I've done Google searches and found I need to squeeze the curve side, but they won't budge and I'm concerned something is going to snap.
    Dave

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. CazzaVR

CazzaVR Registered User

They can be fiddly, but should release if you squeeze them correctly. Persevere, and they should come off. Be careful not to snap the ends of the filter into the hose.

4. david7m

david7m Registered User

One of my Google searches after I had packed up, said to remove the filler cap. Surely this is pap as that would suggest the tank is a vacuum ?
    Dave

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Worth mentioning the tab that pushes in is on ONE side only. and it works better if you push the connectors into the filter while pressing the tab, then pull out

7. david7m

david7m Registered User

Mission aborted, thoroughly annoyed and its going to the garage when it works!
    Dave