clio or s3

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
hey all was havin a bit of a moment 2day and was thinking of gettin rid of my s3 for a clio sport 3.5 v6? what u all think the clio any good or stick with the s3??

hey all was havin a bit of a moment 2day and was thinking of gettin rid of my s3 for a clio sport 3.5 v6? what u all think the clio any good or stick with the s3??

Stick with the audi !!!

V6 Clio will put you in hospital if driven in anger on anything but a track. Tiny wheelbase means near impossible to get back if it gets out of shape.

Great car but not for a daily I'm afraid. I've driven a couple and they are very quick but I'd only ever have one for a weekend/track day toy.

For a real world every day car they're no good IMO.

T

remap your car and it will be more fun and iirc quicker too..

no way would i change to a v6 clio from an S3 unless i had free health care! LOL

Far too tail happy for everyday use.

I wouldn't have a Clio again, it's French...end of.

if you are able to find a brand of glue that will stick plastic and make it stronger than before it broke...then go get yourself a french monster.....

Im a massive fan of anything from Renault Sport (i have owned just about all of the recent ones) and the V6 can be a handfull, the latter mark 2 255's are much much better than the early ones, for an everyday car they are not the best but for something differnet and special id have one.

They are 3.0l btw.

Ive heard the later models are a vast improvement. Still a Renault though...

Clio V6 is not as quick as my remapped S3, I've had a go in one. but what it lacks in performance, it makes up in the sound department, the V6 just sound great right behind you, and everywhere you go, people look at you! Got to say that the interior of the Clio was a bit lacking also, I'm not that tall @5ft 11ish, but it was a bit of a squeeze, and I could feel the steering rack universal joint in the footwell when I was cornering lol.

A well built german Audi or a tacky cheap unreliable Cilo? Ask yourself and please do the right thing.
My friends boss just bought a 3L Cilo brand new and he wants to get rid of it already after 6 months...

had a phase 1 172 before my s3, still brings a smile to my face when i think about it. nippy, great fun, cheap to run, and my golf clubs could at least fit in the boot!!!

If I had to chose there would be no question about it, the Audi s3 all the way, I dont get ppl buying the clio, because its light?

what are you thinking man its a renault i work on renaults almost every day trust me dont buy one, you will regret it imo

had a phase 1 172 before my s3, still brings a smile to my face when i think about it. nippy, great fun, cheap to run, and my golf clubs could at least fit in the boot!!!

A completely different car to the V6 though!

I'd stick with the S3 if its a daily driver you're looking for. Remapped it would be faster A-B in all weathers!

V6 would be a good weekend toy though!

cheers for the advise guys kl think i will stick with it and get it remapped drove a s2000 2day though was fun what about that instead of clio????

i see you're from st austell, what colour is your s3???? i live in grampound and see the odd one about from time to time!

You going to rk engineering at agie for a custom code????

Cmon dude, you're on an Audi forum asking if you want an S3 or a Clio....lol!!!

But as you asked, it would have to be to stick with the S3.

Clio just says 17 yr old tub-o-gel in hair boy to me... wide arches and a v6 doesnt hide the fact that its made of plastic.

not sticking to the Audi brand, but better build quality, much better to drive.. sorry but ive lost interest in finding reasons... there is no contest.

The clio has a nice.. :uhm:

sound!

:happy:

S2000 is nice and i considered but its defo slower than the S3 and is extremely tail happy with less mod cons..... nice car though, i love the styling and the aircraft seating feel

I agree with animal, the S2000 is a way better car than the clio, there japenese so they have a great engine and a strong v-tec, after audi's any jap car is my choice. I would still rather have the S3 over the S2000 though. Why do you want to get rid of your S3? there one of my favourite car's:think:

VTEC is a just a silly name to explain why there engines don't produce any real power until 5000 rpm! The Honda engines are all bhp and no torque!

I belive honda produced V-TEC so they could combine an everyday economic car, which can also be drove as a sport's car when using V-TEC, didnt they? Hondas are a great engines they where designed to perform at there best at very high rpm without damaging the enigne. My favourite is the B16B engine producing 185bhp on a 1.6 engine, I agree with you on torque though, they lack in that lol, back to the point though S200 is no match for an S3 anyone agree lol?

Most other cars manage to be comparably economical without the need for vtec? Admittedly getting 185 bhp from a 1.6 is impressive, but why bother? You would really have to thrash the engine to get any power any way! In my opinion the lack of torque makes them a slow and frustrating car to drive daily! As you might have guessed, I really don't like Honda's! I think there far too over engineered and character less! They should spend money trying to rempmove the shockingly plastic interior instead of the frankly pointless vtec system!

However, a good friend of mine got an EG civic (probably why I don't like them as its so much fun winding him up!). He's just bought a Jap import b18, forged pistons etc and an Eaton supercharger kit! Should be awesome!

... Sorry this post is rather off topic again!

I really like the look of the S200, other than that I think the S3 blows it away! I love the faired arches on the S3, especially with some nice wheels and spacers! If you fancy a change, fit a BT kit!

Clio just says 17 yr old tub-o-gel in hair boy to me... wide arches and a v6 doesnt hide the fact that its made of plastic.

not sticking to the Audi brand, but better build quality, much better to drive.. sorry but ive lost interest in finding reasons... there is no contest.

The clio has a nice.. :uhm:

sound!

:happy:

Only if the seller includes his twin exit 5" jap can and burberry hat with the sale:haha:

For anyone who thinks an S2000 will be blown away by an S3 has obviously not driven one. The S3 as an all rounder is obviously a better car, but once you hit the VTEC in an S2000, there's no turning back!
At the end of the day, one is a 4wd(part time for some) Hatchback, the other is an opentop sportscar/roadster, you buy them for your own reasons of use.

For anyone who thinks an S2000 will be blown away by an S3 has obviously not driven one. The S3 as an all rounder is obviously a better car, but once you hit the VTEC in an S2000, there's no turning back!
At the end of the day, one is a 4wd(part time for some) Hatchback, the other is an opentop sportscar/roadster, you buy them for your own reasons of use.

S2000's are awesome cars, point to point with a decent driver behind the wheel you'd be hard pushed to beat one in an S3 IMO.

I used to drive them with a past job on both road and tracks....brilliant cars.

T

I was reffering to the looks, build quality etc I'm sure a S200 is much faster, it should be its a sportscar!

Totally agree about the interior olly the older generations look like somthing out or a kinder egg lol, the EP3 is nice inside tho smart type r seats and a nice little unusual gearbox lol. Ive personally never driven an s2000 but V-TEC's do impress me. sorry for not relateing to the subject, let me know what you go for though, id stick with the S3 and go for the revo remap.:racer:

ive heard before that the CTR is actually quicker point to point than the S2000

Hmmm im not sure animal, i no that the S2000 does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and the CTR does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds on paper, would be a sweet race though!

yeah but the S2000 is sooo tail happy in the corners its unreal, especially if your on the vtec.... on the twisties the CTR is supposed to take the title from what ive read in the past, a few of my mates have had both and agree the S2000 is a handful

Yeh my mate used to have the CTR and he sed around sharp corners and country roads it used to stick to the corners, makes sense what your saying about the s2000. if you had the choice what would you buy the CTR or the S2000 animal?

S2000 for me mate but only as a weekend car, daily driver the S3 is hard to beat

I hate vtec with a passion. God awfull engines.

Honda also claim that no vtec engine has ever failed....rubbish.