Climate Control

wallacr

Reaction score
Hi All,

On my 2001/51 Place A4 B6 the lowest number my climate control goes down to is 18 then it jumps to low.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change this (perhaps via vag-com), as I've been in an 03 which goes down to 14 and that sort of figure would certainly suit me better as I sometimes find the drop from 18 to low too much and I end up having to keep raising and lowering the temp (weather dependant).

Cheers,

Rich

I agree would to be nice to have somthing between 18 and low

Definitely agree on this one! It's a right royal pain in the **** having to keep turning the air-con on and off coz it gets too cold! :cold:

It would be wicked if someone knew of a way to change it via vag-com or something, but I suspect it's probably hard coded into the climate control unit itself.

Fingers crossed though ;-)

Just put it on low and reduce the fan speed, I know that kinda makes the whole CC thing redundant but then you don't need to continually adjust it.
The CC in my B5 works perfectly and 18 is really cold, out B6 on the other hand definately has some issues as 18 is nowhere near cold, but put it on lo and it's freezing. So I'm guessing there's a problem with the control unit.

Its the programming on the early B6 climate control modules, only option would be to slap one in from a later model B6 that goes below 18, but it probably wont work with the rest of the loom, so you'd have to change a few other bits & make it pointless & expensive!! Best bet is to change the passenger side to Lo & keep the driver side higher, then the fans dont blast you away. Or as AndyMac says & turn the fan speed down!

Nickynibbles said:
Its the programming on the early B6 climate control modules, only option would be to slap one in from a later model B6 that goes below 18, but it probably wont work with the rest of the loom, so you'd have to change a few other bits & make it pointless & expensive!! Best bet is to change the passenger side to Lo & keep the driver side higher, then the fans dont blast you away. Or as AndyMac says & turn the fan speed down!

I did try a unit from a later model the other day, but like you mention it wouldn't work with everything as the rear heated windscreen didn't work, but everything else worked ok.

I'll try your suggestion of having the passenger side set to low and see how that goes.

I've tried reducing the fan speed to the lowest fan speed and it's fine for a little, but then gets too cold and also on the lowest speed at 18 it gets a bit hot after a while :(

The original unit in my 03 was an "18 degree" unit - I swapped in a later "16 degree" unit and it all works fine - inc. rear screen & heated seats.

mr.brown said:
The original unit in my 03 was an "18 degree" unit - I swapped in a later "16 degree" unit and it all works fine - inc. rear screen & heated seats.

That's good to know. I don't suppose you have a part number do you? As the one I tried was one that went to 14, so maybe one like yours that goes down to 16 might work for me too.

Cheers,

Rich