Facelift Climate control

AlS3BE

Reaction score
Is there a way to reset or calibrate the temp sensor for the climate control with Vcds or similar tool? Where are the sensors for the climate ?
The past few days the morning has been about the same ambient temp. Climate is pretty much always set at 20 degrees on both side and it’s blowing cold air. I don’t need a thermometer to tell me it wasn’t 20 inside the car. Some days it will flow warm air with same outside temp and it’s nice and comfortable but other days it’s just cold till I whack it up to 25+ Before warm air comes in.
Tried with the air con on or off and doesn’t make a difference. any ideas?

I would be interested to know this too as i experience this aswell

Reactions: Bryant1998, Khufu and AlS3BE
There is a sunlight sensor placed at the top of the dashboard, at the front of the speaker grille. It seems that it's intended to make the air conditioning to respond to sunlight by generating more cold air when it's sunny (because of an expected greenhouse effect?). Did you check if you are having colder air when there is sunlight hitting the sensor?

There is a sunlight sensor placed at the top of the dashboard, at the front of the speaker grille. It seems that it's intended to make the air conditioning to respond to sunlight by generating more cold air when it's sunny (because of an expected greenhouse effect?). Did you check if you are having colder air when there is sunlight hitting the sensor?

Raining all weekend so don’t think it’s that but will keep an eye on it to see if it’s sunshine related.

Is there a way to reset or calibrate the temp sensor for the climate control with Vcds or similar tool? Where are the sensors for the climate ?
Another thing you might check is the temperature readings that come from the sensors. They all can be viewed through VCDS Advanced Measuring Values feature. Maybe you can identify a faulty sensor generating a wrong temperature value. Besides the exterior temperature and evaporator temperature sensors, you also have three interior temperature sensors: left and right sensors placed in the outermost vents on the dashboard and another temperature sensor in the footwell vent.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Another thing you might check is the temperature readings that come from the sensors. They all can be viewed through VCDS Advanced Measuring Values feature. Maybe you can identify a faulty sensor generating a wrong temperature value. Besides the exterior temperature and evaporator temperature sensors, you also have three interior temperature sensors: left and right sensors placed in the outermost vents on the dashboard and another temperature sensor in the footwell vent.

that’s brilliant. Never knew the sensors were inside the vents. Will get the computer out and check with vcds and report back

Reactions: Rcord
Well got a few minutes today to muck about with obd11 and found it might be the footwell sensor.
Climate set to 21 degrees and the vents were warm. Right and left sensor were showing around 32, within a degree or so to each other, and footwell sensor showing 49. Interior sensor(not sure where that is) was showing 21.4.
Will have another look tomorrow and see before calling dealer.

Anyone else had a chance to check the sensor readings and see if there’s much difference between them?
I’ve checked mine today from a cold start the footwell sensor reads about 10 degrees higher than the vents. As soon as the heating comes on the footwell sensor can read 15+ degrees more. I think it’s this footwell sensor giving me odd climate behaviour but wanted to check if it’s normal with the rest of you.

Just checked it in my car. Right front vent sensor is about 1 degree colder than left and 4 to 5 degrees colder than footwell. In my case the outside is very hot now and A/C is in cooling mode, so I think it's not exactly the same case as yours, but the 15 degree difference you are detecting is really very strange.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Just checked it in my car. Right front vent sensor is about 1 degree colder than left and 4 to 5 degrees colder than footwell. In my case the outside is very hot now and A/C is in cooling mode, so I think it's not exactly the same case as yours, but the 15 degree difference you are detecting is really very strange.

call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Cars still got about a years warranty left.
Thanks for checking

Reactions: Rcord