climate control unit !!

Mcgough

Reaction score
I want to buy a sat nav unit for 2002 A4, but ive got a audi cd player(single slot), climate control and a space under that!!

Which means when i get a sat nav unit the climate control will not refit, as it will have to be moved down over but it is too big to do that!! what can i do????????

ive tryed looking for a lower climate control from other A4's but no luck!

I'll be interested in the response too, as I wanted to get the Symphoney II unit, which is also double in size.
T.

hey sorry not posted here but i had blood poisioning so been in hospital and when i got out i had 3 cars that needed urgent attention!!

Is there any chance you can email your email address and i'll get a paypal thing set up. I'll get the unit boxed up today and ready for shipping tomorrow.

How does £65 sound including the p&p. (next day delivery me thinks!!)

As for the symphony i've got one with a code for £150 really wanna set shut of it now!!

This was also off an a4

Sorry selling climate control unit to Mike but the syphony is still available

Mike,

I got the unit posted special delivery today but i got to the post office fairly late. I'll give you a tracking number in the morning, as its in my wallet and really cant be bothered to go to the car lol (too cold outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif )

Cheers

Tariq

hey Kris, the part number for a double din climate control panel is 8E0 820 043 AC

Hope this helps.

Mike.

i let myself get out bidded on a sat nav unit cause i cant get a climate control!

Now i cant get either!!! DOH!

lol, I emailed you the Nav plus part number so when looking on ebay get the seller to quote the part number- thers so many different ones, also check if its C navi or D navi- apparently D navi is a bit better (although ive no idea what mine is)also look for a little chrome strip on the bottom of the nav head unit (like on your existing radio at the top) if it hasent got that it might be for the older one
Have you got the link for the nav plus site? it gives you all the instructions you need, plus pics of one fitted with dvd etc

Cheers.

Mike.

here: http://pictures.fedulov.com/audinavi
looks the biz.

your a gud un!! cheers mate i keep all that in mind, if you see any for sale gis a shout!

ps i got a contact for the TV AV adaptor plus the wiring adaptors plus the GPS about £140 pm if you need any help or the limk for fitting etc

just checked them pictures and woh hold on a minute, what is that in the glove box!

I thought the sat nav was a stand alone system, ie i just need the unit and thats it, cd player and sat nav all in one!

Just that i dont have a space in the glove box!

here you go: 8E0 035 192B

the CDslot is for the software, u need at least a changer or like me get a dvd which will also plays cd's i read in another forum that if you fit an x-box it plays DVDs, CDs etc and play games lot of hassle- rather have a DVD changer

Heres a link: http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/

The other thing to bear in mind: im getting a dvd for the kids on journeys but if u need the sat nav to take you where you are going then you got a problem as the Nav plus will only do one task at a time

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
hmmm

[ QUOTE ]
MikeA2B said:
the Nav plus will only do one task at a time

hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the DVD player interface? My sat nav does works with the radio, actually never tried with TV. Why does it not work? Is this linked to the speed sensor and would a TV hack take care of this?

There is a thread on the ICE forum where we are discussing how to get twin rear screens and DVD player in. Is this player a better solution than a DVD stacker in the boot via the additional inputs of the TV module?

I only really want to do this once, and get it right - has no-one else done this or want to???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
so i would have to get a Cd changer as well! right any one got that part number! and can it be mounted in the boot as ive got a bloomin fridge in the dash!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

COOL!!!

You can buy an adaptor wiring loom and it has a GALA cut out switch so when your driving you can switch the gala signal off thus the nav unit thinks you are parked.

It also needs the speed sensor for the navigation so if you drive in a tunnel it can stay on track by calculating your speed.

i thinks

so i need:-

climate control,
Sat nav plus
Cd changer
Speed sensor
Leads
double din cage

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

so i need:-

climate control, £150
Sat nav plus £400 +
Cd changer £150
Leads(with speed sensor) £50
double din cage £50
GPS SENSOR £???

Thats £800

well ill have a standard cd player to sell and a standard climate control unit as well eh might sell the BOSE speakers and AMP

oh i forgot to add postage and packaging for all that must be at least £100

lol
U could get one of them cheesy pie'n'ear AVIC X1 all in one DVD navis for £1500 but, they look crap

the nav+ looks the biz, and it will go in favour when you sell your car tell (£2500 extra from audi)

hehe just wish it was in before i bought the car

yea me too mate!

still waiting for this guy to ring me back about climate control unit!!

[ QUOTE ]
MikeA2B said:
You can buy an adaptor wiring loom and it has a GALA cut out switch so when your driving you can switch the gala signal off thus the nav unit thinks you are parked.

It also needs the speed sensor for the navigation so if you drive in a tunnel it can stay on track by calculating your speed.

i thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems Strange why you would need a speed sensor, the GPS itself is a much better "speed Sensor" and when your in a tunnel the gps should componsate, I would have thought the speed sensor wire was only for GALA which is pretty [censored] anyway, GALA just turns your stereo up the faster you go and vice versa, it also is the part of the GPS which stops you watching movies while driving, unless i'm mistaken.

well ive got the climate control just the sat nav too go!

yea mate but the part numbers dont match!! or am i mistaken

yes i noticed that but the fascia is similar, and the one i got has one sticker over the other with different part numbers, i was told this sometimes happens (originally made for the A6 but then modified and re-stickered to suit the B6)
ill get back to you on the part number ive got but even then i still havent tested it which im hoping to meet a lad this week with an S4 with nav plus, he's going to let me slot mine in and run it, let you know the outcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

..........but it was a total scam, i bidded 10 times or so over the time off the auction, and about 2 mins after it ended the guy mustnt have sold for the price he wanted so he withdrew the item saying he had tried to email every one who was bidding and cancel the auction cause he hadnt got the item delivered to him!!

but i emailed him and said funny that he must have been online watching me and another guy bidding against each other, bidding like crazy in the dieing minutes, and not even bother to email us!!!!!!!! SCAM I RECON!!!

Hi there anybody who is reading this i am currently talking to audi about major conserns i have read on this site over, poor workmanship, delay in service, costs involved in service, and AVS!

I will be putting up a post on which i would like any one to reply on with details of any of the above to which anyone has a consern over- and i will be passing a copy onto audi uk!! thanks and sorry to jump in the middle of a conversation!

see post in dealer discussion

thanks Mr Mc

Your JOKING MAN!!! Thats bang out of order thats the whole point of the Auction to pick up a bargain if he didnt want it to go cheap he should of put a reserve on it. Thought it was too good to be true. Ebay should hold sellers accountable for things like that! Unluck mate i'm in the same boat as you regarding the Satnav! Have you seen the new model out.....very nice!!!! Pricey though

got the double din cage today, once ive got the adaptor leads ill take some pics and post them, should be here soon...

i know what a ***** (((((b10motorsport)))))- dont go any where near him!!!!!!!!!

well ive ordered the climate unit - £160
and ive ordered the cd changer - £140
and ive went whole hog and bought the wide screen new unit for $1200, so ill have a cd changer for sale.

But im not sure on the climate unit cause i he took my money and he aint contacted i dont know when i should contact ebay/paypal to ask about it??

cheers for all your help mike, still want pictures and a run through when you get yours fitted!!

OK thanks man b10motorsport will be avoided nice one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I see you bought the widescreen ....i'm jealous...lol

Dont be jeolous yet cause the lad says it will fit but im not sure he knows that all the A2 a3 a4 a6 dashes are different!

And im emailed checking he is a company cause he only wants credit or transfered cash!

yea im gona opt out !!!!!! id rather have the security and go with the sta nav plus reqular unit, its just as good really, i can link up my ps2 to play DVD's