climate control unit causing problems after double din conversion!!!

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys ive had a few posts on here but ive managed to find out what the problem is. A few months ago i did a double din conversion and bought the newer double din climate control unit. I did the conversion and everything has been running fine. Last week i left my sterio on and the battery wet flat so i had to bump stat the car down a hill which was fine. It was then i noticed that the drivers side door had stopped working, the windows wouldnt work, the buttons werent lighting up and the car wouldnt alarm. I kept my older climate control unit so i thought i wold try pluging it in to see if it makes a difference and it does!! when you plug the double din one out everything works as normal and when you put my old one in everything works as normal, but as soon as you put the double din one in the drivers door stops working!!!! What is going on? ive heard you sometimes have to get theses things coded but i dont understand why when it was working perfectly before my battery died!. Any idea how i can sort thisproblem? Can i not reset the climate control some how? Any help would be much appreciated!.

Cheers

Hi guys ive had a few posts on here but ive managed to find out what the problem is. A few months ago i did a double din conversion and bought the newer double din climate control unit. I did the conversion and everything has been running fine. Last week i left my sterio on and the battery wet flat so i had to bump stat the car down a hill which was fine. It was then i noticed that the drivers side door had stopped working, the windows wouldnt work, the buttons werent lighting up and the car wouldnt alarm. I kept my older climate control unit so i thought i wold try pluging it in to see if it makes a difference and it does!! when you plug the double din one out everything works as normal and when you put my old one in everything works as normal, but as soon as you put the double din one in the drivers door stops working!!!! What is going on? ive heard you sometimes have to get theses things coded but i dont understand why when it was working perfectly before my battery died!. Any idea how i can sort thisproblem? Can i not reset the climate control some how? Any help would be much appreciated!.

Cheers

That's a strange one - maybe NHN can help ?

I know there was flat battery issues with some of the older rnse's as they needed coding slightly. It could be a dodgy plug or the climate unit itself is faulty.

Thats mental, is it a facelift climate unit?

That would be my main suspicion as you said you bought the newer version. I didn't think the new double din climate controls were fully interchangable with older cars

Its realy strange! has anybody heard of having to code the newer ones before if replacing old ones? its the strangest thing! Russo ive not forgot about you! i have ur money i wanted to have it collected this week but can i make it next week instead? can i pay you on monday?

chrisy could you take a pic of your climate unit.? is it the one with chrome dial handles? or similar to the single din one you had in the car? About the bumper. Do you want to wait untill i get the s3 bumper a bit more in progress? As i havent actually started the s3 bumper yet its in the garage Ive had nothing but hastle today my turbo blew on the way back to luton just as i got off the motorway. This way you have more time to sort out your stuff. Just keep the money safe. Whatever is best i dont mind if you want to pay monday and have it collected its upto you. Just give me a PM when you know whats going on. No rush

When you have faults & ask for help then fix it, its always nice to advise what you did to resolve your issue to help others, so basically cough up the info boys :p