Climate control ; 18 or 16 degrees lowest setting?

The911SC

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a 2003/4 A4 and also a 2004 S4.
The climate control on the A4 only goes to 18 degrees minimum wheras the S4 goes to 16 degrees.
I know this changed in 2004 but wondered if anyone knew if this was a vag com type setting or could be adjusted on the older models?.

Cheers

I have both 03MY and 04MY S4's and have asked the same question of my dealer - no was the answer!

My 2004 goes down to 16, probably only a coding issue ???
I'll check the codings and have a play.

mine is in degrees F! i want to change i back to celcius!

But dont know how!

if you have two recirc buttons you must have one hell of a car that can recirc the air on the drivers side and not the passenger side, you will have to put your price up a few k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
if your still selling it

ha ha, well what are the 2 buttons then!!!!

and took a red 27k Honda S2000 GT out today and im sold, it will be hard for me not to sell the audi!

She was one fit car, my car tops at 3-4,000rpm this thing flew to 9,000rpm with ease!

road feel was great i miss the driving sensation- my audi is too easy to drive

18c sucks, its a crap temp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16c makes much more sense, my dads Saab goes down to 15c.

Also the B6 in manual mode @ 18c is hotter than in auto, wtf is that about?

Apparently the climate in the new B7 works much nicer

18 is crap, when its hot out it blows hot air and when cold out it blows as cold as the lo setting, i thought mine needed regasing but its the same after and i have no fault codes, and when do you need 30c its like sitting in a oven, maybe you can swap the panel if you can't recode?

I never take mine off about 21 degrees and it's fine in hot or cold weather. I think temperature is a very subjective thing, some people feel hot, some cold all the time. Also if you've not got heat reflective glass then bright sun can warm your skin and clothes when the interior air temp is detected as being correct by the climate control.

Spoke to my local dealer audi 'expert' and he rekoned the actual control unit is the thing that is hard coded. I must check on etka if there are two part numbers..

[ QUOTE ]
I find the best setting is LO with 2 fan bars showing...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah bit that is not then on auto so not really climate control but air con.