Help Please Clicking/ticking 2010 S4 Avant

rizzini7

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Help and ideas needed please

Cars a 2010 S4 Avant on 76k (6 speed manual)
If it makes a difference it’s got Revo stage 1, full ads (inc. dampers and sports diff), active cruise, scorpion cat back, standard 19’s and h&r sport springs.

The issue:
Clicking/ticking noise that goes when almost at a stop -10mph. And the noise doesn’t change speed with the car

So far I have had the clutch and flywheel changed (both shot anyway). The gearbox was also stripped and reshimmed at the same time to rule the issue out. The gearbox people then thought it was the abs pump as it blew two flexi hoses and they’d had a stethoscope on the abs pump and it seemed the noise was there. So the abs pump has now been swapped and it’s still present. Looks to of just been a coincidence and probably resonating from else where as the sounds also present in the fitted strut brace.
Since then my friend has done some extreme emergency stops and the brakes and abs work fine.

He’s is pretty certain it’s been pinpointed to the right hand side. He’s also checked silly easy accessible things like the radar and headlights.

Any suggestions on possible cause welcome!!! He’s gonna start stripping the front end down tomorrow

I have got a sound clip. Just not sure how to add it to the forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nevermind. I think it’s been pinpointed to the passenger engine mount. He’s had a play and it’s quiet for now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS5 JON