clicking/cracking noise PLEASE HELP

Quattro colin

Reaction score
My 55 bkd quattro has a clicking noise on either full acceleration from set off or under harsh braking it also clicks on full lock when reversing or turning slowly but not all the time
it always clicks wen accelerating from 1st or braking hard it dose not click wen driving normally around roundabouts or any other corner for that matter just when turning slowly

PLEASE HELP REALLY ANOYING

Last edited:
Really hard to explain like clicking/cracking sound checked seems to come from the drivers side checked drive shaft n cv joints n they all look ok not splits

You can check a CV boot by looking but You cannot check a CV joint by looking at it, you are going to have to strip it down. From what you have said in your first post it does sound like a failing CV joint.

Check to see if any bolts are missing on the driveshaft and/or if the link between the bolts are broken/loose

Checked it all to day looks mint in regards to bolts n the links il just change the whole driveshaft n go from there
Any recommendations for we're to get a genuine a2 quattro drive shaft?
Had a look J R driveshafts but not to sure about them ?

You don't need to buy a drive shaft CV joints can be purchased separately, but first garage to check it over before spending the cash.

I had the same problem and after months of trying to find out what it was I found it and it was a bolt on the subframe! All sorted now!

You don't need to buy a drive shaft CV joints can be purchased separately, but first garage to check it over before spending the cash.

What he said. Get the driveshaft balanced while ur at it