Sportback Click noises from brakes?

Csllover

Reaction score
I have a PFL RS3 and have recently installed the updated round discs and standard pads. But even before with the old wavy discs I would get clicking noises when driving off, pretty much at any speed. Is this a common occurrence for you RS3 owners? I thought changing discs and pads would cure it but it’s back again…driving me insane. Garage told me it’s normal and not fixable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicking as in from the fronts ?

Are the pads loose in the caliper as in they can move up and down ?

Discs and pads are brand new which is why I’m surprised the clicking noise has made its return.

Discs and pads are brand new which is why I’m surprised the clicking noise has made its return.

Clicking noise even when not pressing the pedal ?

Cars can suffer from pad clank , but that’s generally when moving from forward to reverse motion etc as the change in direction can cause the pads (if a loose fit) to move, giving a clank type noise.

RS3 rear pads can give same noise also.

Clicking noise even when not pressing the pedal ?

Cars can suffer from pad clank , but that’s generally when moving from forward to reverse motion etc as the change in direction can cause the pads (if a loose fit) to move, giving a clank type noise.

RS3 rear pads can give same noise also.

Is there a way to fix pad clank? You are right about the forward to reverse motion but it happens driving off after coming to a stop.

Is there a way to fix pad clank? You are right about the forward to reverse motion but it happens driving off after coming to a stop.

Is it like this sound you think ?

No, it’s more a “click” than “plank”. I’ll see if I can get it on video

No, it’s more a “click” than “plank”. I’ll see if I can get it on video

Depends on the ‘looseness’ of the pads in the calipers and whether it’s front or rears.

Fronts can suffer as you’ve 8 pads that could create a noise.

If it is a pad noise of course.

Reactions: Csllover
could it be the hand brake? Mine sometimes make a noticeable noise when going on/off?

I have a clicking noise, or more of sort of metallic ping from the front left brake when going from standing still or when spinning the steering wheel from lock to lock. Asked Audi about it, they said it is probably from the pads retainer plate and offered to fix it for me for a few hundreds. I just drive with it.

Have you had these springs changed when the pads were done ?
This was one of mine a few months back.
Car was 3 1/2 years old.

3fbe63790b47899ddfbe309d6151d2f7.jpg

67c3e5e51dd26a57a57b5b8eb982d9a9.jpg

Do they come with the brake pads as a kit? If not probably not. Will have to ask the garage. What’s annoying is that they’re saying it’s normal when it’s obviously not.

Do they come with the brake pads as a kit? If not probably not. Will have to ask the garage. What’s annoying is that they’re saying it’s normal when it’s obviously not.

No sold separate I’m afraid. £40 a side.

I’d get them to rule out other causes while your at it.