Clearmounts magnet - rusty magnet ring?

Read my post above!!!!!! damage to the edge may be from a worn stamping tool, not sure if Clearmount declare they provide a "coated" plate so not sure you can state its faulty.

Secondly, the waterproof properties of leather will ensure any water that does get to the inside of the case does not drain away and there lies your root cause for the rust/corrosion damage..trapped water reacting with a small area of bare metal

Like almost all of these minor complaints you need several things to line up and you have been unfortunate, that said no manufacturer can ensure for every eventuality

At least the damage is minor, does not affect functionality and from what you say 90%+ of the time is totally invisible as you use the phone with the case on

I did read your post hence why I asked why you stated "bare metal". Your post yesterday mentioned the manufacturing process and what with many replies between then and now, your answer was out of sync/context. I would like to steer clear of the water ingress theory, I know my phone and case havent got wet so I'm not keen to hypothesise about it.

As always, the damage depends on the context. I always buy a new iPhone direct from Apple each year. Just got the 7 and was getting my 6s plus ready to sell when i saw the marks, resulting in the amount I'll get for it less than normal.

Out of context/sync......pfff

I am keen to hypothesise so I did ....

I now hypothesise that you are annoyed as you may now get £5-10 less for your phone and maybe you are angling for a refund from Clearmount to compensate your potential lose

First world problems !!!!!!

Out of context/sync......pfff

I am keen to hypothesise so I did ....

I now hypothesise that you are annoyed as you may now get £5-10 less for your phone and maybe you are angling for a refund from Clearmount to compensate your potential lose

First world problems !!!!!!

@Daveotto pfff? please do elaborate....

You are free to do what you think is right of course, it is a public forum so please hypothesise away. However, it has happened to me so i will stick to the facts. You are indeed correct that i am annoyed that a product i bought has made a rust mark on my iphone through nothing more than normal use and installed in the way advised. If the seller was in the UK and if this was more than what at the moment seems a one time occurrence, then a refund would be the least of his worries. FYI (but im sure you know this :blink:):

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

First world problems? please! this is an Audi forum. The amount of comments made on this forum that could be classified as "1st world problems" could probably cover over 90% of threads......

If the seller was in the UK and if this was more than what at the moment seems a one time occurrence, then a refund would be the least of his worries. FYI (but im sure you know this :blink:):

I am obviously a bit stupid so would you mind spelling it out for me

To be honest IMHO you are over reacting, at least it has kept me mildly amused while awaiting for the football to start

I am obviously a bit stupid so would you mind spelling it out for me

To be honest IMHO you are over reacting, at least it has kept me mildly amused while awaiting for the football to start

Oh god! To top it off your probably an Arsenal supporter! :haha: (joking btw!)

I might be over reacting, In my defence i did only start the thread asking for advice & if it had happened to anyone else but it seems to have developed in to this!

Last edited:
Ok, and advise was given some of which you did not like but hey it's a forum!!! @Clearmounts has looked into for you and you were openly critical which made me think OMG this guy was doing his best to help.

Not sure if you have continued your discussion with him via PM, but I would

2nd half of the football has just started ... btw I''m a West Ham season ticket holder

Reactions: Ormesome
Ok, and advise was given some of which you did not like but hey it's a forum!!! @Clearmounts has looked into for you and you were openly critical which made me think OMG this guy was doing his best to help

Yeah but if you read between the lines, he mentioned that a water test had been carried out in 4hrs! not sure how you can recreate 6months of use in that time. Just a bit unhappy with the quality of it mate thats all. no biggie... Not about the money, just want to get to the bottom of it and get it sorted. i love the product, i would get another, at the mo i wouldnt use it though cos of this rusty part.

Anyway lets move on. A few emails have been sent so will update when i know more. Hell of a game going on...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Daveotto
Hello all, Carl here from Clearmounts! Since we are discussing this to such lengths... anyone that lives in northern climates know that oxidation occurs almost instantly under the right conditions... so the test I conducted is accurate in my opinion. I will reach out to the manufacturer of the metal plates and inquire about their process, I suspect that they are stainless steel. I have had my metal plate on my phone for over a year and no issues. Really not sure what happened in this case. I did speak to my customer (Ormesome) vis email and I offered him a replacement unit at not cost to him. As many of you on this thread have backed me and my product (much appreciated) I feel I have gone above and beyond for this issue.

Reactions: Ormesome, azibux1 and Daveotto
Hello all, Carl here from Clearmounts! Since we are discussing this to such lengths... anyone that lives in northern climates know that oxidation occurs almost instantly under the right conditions... so the test I conducted is accurate in my opinion. I will reach out to the manufacturer of the metal plates and inquire about their process, I suspect that they are stainless steel. I have had my metal plate on my phone for over a year and no issues. Really not sure what happened in this case. I did speak to my customer (Ormesome) vis email and I offered him a replacement unit at not cost to him. As many of you on this thread have backed me and my product (much appreciated) I feel I have gone above and beyond for this issue.

Thank you for the reply. To be fair, i think we all back your product. No one is saying otherwise. It seems to be an isolated case for which you have offered a solution. No problem. Regarding the "above & beyond" comment, well this is a matter of opinion.

Regarding the "above & beyond" comment, well this is a matter of opinion.

I had buried the hatchet in our conversation but seeing this....WTF.....let it rest for god sake

@Clearmounts investigated your complaint within hours, is still investigating and gave you a freebie. What do you want a gold plated back plate or whole new iPhone.. I doubt you would have received nothing more than an automated we are looking into it email from your beloved Apple in the same time frame.

Reactions: azibux1
Hello, Carl here again... :)

Everything has now been resolved with "Ormesome" to his satisfaction. Let's turn the page and move on and don't forget to Enjoy your Clearmounts :)

Let's all enjoy the rest of our weekend! Happy motoring...

I had buried the hatchet in our conversation but seeing this....WTF.....let it rest for god sake

@Clearmounts investigated your complaint within hours, is still investigating and gave you a freebie. What do you want a gold plated back plate or whole new iPhone.. I doubt you would have received nothing more than an automated we are looking into it email from your beloved Apple in the same time frame.

you again... yay! :yahoo:

Hello, Carl here again... :)

Everything has now been resolved with "Ormesome" to his satisfaction. Let's turn the page and move on and don't forget to Enjoy your Clearmounts :)

Let's all enjoy the rest of our weekend! Happy motoring...

Thank you for your help with this mate. Great product and im still happy with mine & would recommend it to anyone. Just unfortunate with the part i got i guess. Thank you again :grinning:

you again... yay! :yahoo:

Thank you for your help with this mate. Great product and im still happy with mine & would recommend it to anyone. Just unfortunate with the part i got i guess. Thank you again :grinning:
My pleasure to help in this situation. Cheers.