Clearmount Questions

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
I have recently bought a Clearmount to hold my iPhone 8 plus. It comes with both magnet and cradle.

Do the air vent covers pull off easily to allow you to fit the cradle and also does anyone have a recommendation for a phone cover that is sturdy enough but will still work with the magnet ?

Thanks

Good choice! The vents ease off quite readily. A case for life worked with the magnetic disk on the back.

I have recently bought a Clearmount to hold my iPhone 8 plus. It comes with both magnet and cradle.

Do the air vent covers pull off easily to allow you to fit the cradle and also does anyone have a recommendation for a phone cover that is sturdy enough but will still work with the magnet ?

Thanks
I can only speak to the removal of the air vents.

Yes they come out incredibly easy. Make sure the vent is set to the fully open position via the chrome ring (or red ring if it is an RS3) around the vent. You need to stick a pry tool underneath the 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock positions as that is where the plastic channel is and what it is holding the vent to the dashboard. Once both sides are somewhat out, work your way around the vent and slowly it will begin to come out. You may have to pull a tad bit with your hands as the foam on the back of the vent sticks to what would appear to be Velcro.

When you go to put it back in you will see two indented channels. There is an elongated plastic piece on the left and right side of the vent that protrudes to the left and right. You then need to be lined up with those channels and then you simply push it back in.

I hope that explains it for you.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: sixlargebeers
vents come out easily, make sure you insert the vents into the clearmount rings before putting all back in.
I use spigen phone cases and have had no issues

Thanks guys - all advice much appreciated. I won't get a chance to try this for a few days but will report back on success or otherwise !