clear something up about my exhaust please

frazgsi

Reaction score
I have a slight blow in my 2.8 exhaust at the centre bit where the "Y" piece is. I had a look underneath and it seems that my exhaust is all welded up together and is only in 2 bits (front section & back section). What I mean is if we start at the cats which are welded in place, further back is the centre where the "Y" piece is & further back from there is all one piece welded together right to the rear silencer.

Can some one tell me for sure how many sections the exhaust is meant to be in because I am considering buying a whole new original system .

From the factory the exhaust system is in one piece. The downpipes (which include the cats) are seperate. There should be a pair of sleeve clamps joining the cats to the main system.

If you buy a new system(from the dealer or aftermarket) it comes in two parts, with a sleeve joint between the backbox and mid box.

excellent so thats pretty much what mine is, downpipes +cats leading the the sleeve clamps and then its one long piece right the rear box.
As usual Aragorn ur help is much appreciated.