1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear Protective Film

pjeffe9172 Aug 26, 2018

1. pjeffe9172

pjeffe9172 Active Member Team V6 Team Navarra Audi RS4

so Guys....I’ve had an S4 specced ready to order but always had in my head that should I drive the RS4 to give me an informed decision whether it was the S4 I wanted and be happy with it. Needless to say my local dealer suddenly showed an RS4 suddenly on Friday so gave them a call to go and give it a drive. I hadn’t seen one in the flesh....needless to say I creamed my pants, had an hour test drive where my hairs stood on end and an endless grin. The car is a customer cancellation, but pretty well specked......so after coming back down to Earth I’ve put a deposit down!! Should pick it up in a couple of weeks.

It’s Nevarra Blue with the black pack, red calipers and the 20” anthracite wheels. It has the sports exhaust and just looks and sounds the dogs. Needless to say I’m excited!

My current A4 with 25000 miles has several stone chips and I was wondering if anybody has had clear ppf fitted. If so did you get the full bonnet done or half and what does it look like?

terminator x, q5man and Spaceman_RS3 like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

I have Suntek PPF which is crystal clear. I had it put on the day after I collected the car.

My S7 is a bit larger then the RS4 and I have the front bonnet, wings and bumper coated. You honestly cannot tell its fitted.

Its not cheap - the cost is in the skill of who applies it... Mine was £1300 and I thoroughly recommend it on anything with an expensive paint option :racer:

[​IMG]

q5man and Spaceman_RS3 like this.
  4. pjeffe9172

Thanks RAF and what a beautiful Car you have there! As you say I can’t see any difference in the photos in terms of reflections etc. I was thinking between £1-£1.5k so that’s ideal. Where did you get yours done?

RAF_S7 likes this.
  5. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

There are a few nationwide dealers, best bet is to google "Suntek PPF + your location" and see who pops uk.

There is a US website about the product here Dealer locate is US only unfortunately.

I used these guys here

There are two market leaders in PPF. Suntek and Xpel. The Xpel is not quite as clear as the Suntek. Check out both on Youtube.

6. pjeffe9172

Thanks RAF that’s very helpful, I’ll check these out.

7. Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team Panther Audi RS3 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Look at xpel ultimate also fantastic self healing

8. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

sounds amazing mate, look forward to the pics of your new Navarra beast soon :icon thumright:

9. pjeffe9172

Thanks guys, appreciate all your help.

q5man likes this.
  10. pjeffe9172

I’ll get some pics when I go and collect her. Soooooooooooo excited!

Spaceman_RS3, terminator x and q5man like this.
  11. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Well played that man. It's an incredible car for sure.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

pjeffe9172 likes this.