Clear Indicator Lenses

carlcall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As these are no longer available from the guy in the states and the only way to get them now is to buy a set of headlights and swap them over.

So I was wondering how many people would be interested if I could find someone to make them.

I can't see them being that expensive....so if you're interested just copy and paste the list below and add your name to it.

In the mean time I will try and source someone and if there's enough interest we could possibly get them made.

1. carlcall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is yours an s-line carl, if so you should have clear ones already mate.
Sline1

As these are no longer available from the guy in the states and the only way to get them now is to buy a set of headlights and swap them over.

So I was wondering how many people would be interested if I could find someone to make them.

I can't see them being that expensive....so if you're interested just copy and paste the list below and add your name to it.

In the mean time I will try and source someone and if there's enough interest we could possibly get them made.

1. carlcall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ive looked for ages couldnt find any 1 selling them even found the make of 1 headlight thats cones with them and emailed them and asked about parts but got no response so good luck and ill add my name

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: carlcall
As these are no longer available from the guy in the states and the only way to get them now is to buy a set of headlights and swap them over.<br /><br />So I was wondering how many people would be interested if I could find someone to make them. <br /><br />I can't see them being that expensive....so if you're interested just copy and paste the list below and add your name to it.<br /><br />In the mean time I will try and source someone and if there's enough interest we could possibly get them made.<br /><br />1. carlcall
2.belewski1984<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not one to be left out here, s-line with orange indicators ;)

just to add ive tried contacting another maker of headlights that come with the clear lenses (Magneti Marelli) will let you know if I hear anything back.

Reactions: carlcall
yep, there do seem to be a lot of you amber cover owners , audi seem to imply it's standard fitment to s-line and above , not sure what goes on there then, mine are clear.

I think it depends on the age, up to 56 reg they will be amber and 07 onwards clear, just what I've notice when seeing other b7's but I could be wrong.

nope mines a 56 plate and came with clear from factory, maybe its just down to production runs then, all the 220 special editions in both avant and saloon form I have seen have been clear, but then they may have been changed.

Well, just to confuse the issue, my 56 plate sline spec ed had amber lenses, well it did till I took them out, just left them without lenses and used silvered lamps.

yep i'm well confused now gary, as the 220 special editions all came from the RS factory and production line you'd expect to get a reasonable degree of similarity within the cars, but on reflection maybe not as mine came with an RS4 rear anti roll bar as standard...so maybe its just pot luck again with audi.

I never thought an Audi would be a parts bin special ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: martin1984
oh yes , that's why they are special editions chap, whatever was left in the parts bin went on them no two the same..lol

I was previously a BMW man and they disguised the "we have over ordered bits so slap them on some cars" with spurious special editions like the design cabriolet and such.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Here we go ..... Had a look through trader and it looks like :-
1. SE models regardless of age have Amber.
2. All models 06 and older have Amber.
3. 56 is the changeover from Amber to clear so you could get either on sline / special edition / S4 / RS4
4. 07 onwards are clear on sline / special edition / S4 / RS4.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
nice bit of update info jimbo, but not 100% on the 07 year part, been out this morning and seen two 07's both s-lines and both had amber lens, so maybe still a bit random then .

been out this morning and seen two 07's both s-lines and both had amber lens, so maybe still a bit random then .

Theres one 07 plate sline on the trader with Amber which was registered 03/2007 so its looking like early 07 are affected too with the changeover.

Last edited:
Not to high jack but a few weeks ago I got talking to a chap in the states who makes this kind of stuff, as I had some laying around and also had the indicator chrome bits the lens go into I sent them onto him in the USA. He will be making me a load up so I can be your saviour as I get asked quite a bit for them.

on Wednesday This week he has promised me some pictures as the mould is ready to produce the 1st lens.

Reactions: Jimbo.King, Charlie Farley, martin1984 and 1 other person
Nice one Trups

It was Martin1984 that bought this thread to my attention. if you don't mind Carl I can get these and should be able to start taking order in a few days once I have a final price but he has said its going to be around £40 - £45 per set, should include postage.

The Guy you tried in the USA used to sell them for $110+ if I remember right, they came in after tax, postage etc at around £75 -£80 and people where still buying them. Crazy.

My guy can do other colours also if anyone wanted something different, I'm sure he said tinted also.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and martin1984

1 st one done. Exact copy.

Other Colours can be red, brown, blue, green, purple, pink and yellow.

Will confirm final price so if you wanted to get a list together I can see what extra discount he may give me for more people.

Trups

Thats looks great well done your time for getting these done.
Martin

Please copy and paste add you name to list if you would like to buy these clear lens
1.Martin1984

Please copy and paste add you name to list if you would like to buy these clear lenses:

1. Martin1984
2. carlcall

Please copy and paste add you name to list if you would like to buy these clear lenses:

1. Martin1984
2. carlcall
3. Stu_pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope mines a 56 plate and came with clear from factory, maybe its just down to production runs then, all the 220 special editions in both avant and saloon form I have seen have been clear, but then they may have been changed.

Mines an 06 Avant 220 Special edition, and came with orange indicator covers. To be fair I prefer the orange ones to clear though :)

Reactions: Dani_B19
I couldn't wait Martin as I need to get my lights finished to get them on the car.....my set are already on their way.

And whilst I'm fitting the new corner lenses I can also fit my nice new Morimoto clear lenses. Big thanks to @Trups for both.

I couldn't wait Martin as I need to get my lights finished to get them on the car.....my set are already on their way.

And whilst I'm fitting the new corner lenses I can also fit my nice new Morimoto clear lenses. Big thanks to @Trups for both.
Ok so you got ur set already ?
What else are you doing to your light then ?
I can wait a little as dont have time to do just yet but not too long lol

Hopefully should be here next week! It's a set of Bi-Xenons I've replaced all the wiring in and sprayed the insides.

Then once done I'll be swapping them over and I'll post pics up.