Clear indicator lens?

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
As my cars off the road taking a nap I'm doing a few little bits to make her extra special next time she see's the streets one of them being I'm taking the headlights apart to have a mess around with them and it seems a waste to not do the clear indicator while I'm at it, one question how do i do it? does the lens just pull off then replace with orange bulb (if so what bulb) or is there another way out there?

As my cars off the road taking a nap I'm doing a few little bits to make her extra special next time she see's the streets one of them being I'm taking the headlights apart to have a mess around with them and it seems a waste to not do the clear indicator while I'm at it, one question how do i do it? does the lens just pull off then replace with orange bulb (if so what bulb) or is there another way out there?
Heat the lights glue up to separate the lense. Take a dremel and cut the orange lense off totally and replace the bulb with a silver one which flashes orange. Then spray all the chrome internals matt black. Reassemble the light bosh all done.

Heat the lights glue up to separate the lense. Take a dremel and cut the orange lense off totally and replace the bulb with a silver one which flashes orange. Then spray all the chrome internals matt black. Reassemble the light bosh all done.
So it literally is just cut off the orange?

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
lights will be apart in next couple of days just wondering the best way to do it but looks like cutting it is the option.
I've been meaning to do it for months but I always end up doing other people's bits.. Definitely worth doing. Also give the lenses a bit of polishing while your at it.

I've been meaning to do it for months but I always end up doing other people's bits.. Definitely worth doing. Also give the lenses a bit of polishing while your at it.
Yeah I was never that bothered to take it all apart just to put a clear lens in just seemed a bit petty and I couldn't be bothered lol but as the cars off the road and I wanted to have a little mess around painting bits on them thought id make most of it and do that at the same time, ill be clear coating the lights, polishing them only takes off more of the protective layer they look good for about a month or so then start misting worse, only way around it is flat them all back and clear coat them, should look like new then and last years then.

Smash it off and replace with a chrome bulb it is then, thanks a lot people.

the lense can be removed without damage, i think theres a link in the one i already postd. its much more work tho.
on bulbs i cant remember the pin type but get osram diadems

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
the lense can be removed without damage, i think theres a link in the one i already postd. its much more work tho.
on bulbs i cant remember the pin type but get osram diadems
Yeah it said about removing 4 torx screws and sliding it out ill see how it goes on the day i wont need them back in so if its easier i may just smash them out, with finesse of course lol.

Reactions: Sygh2k
diadem bulb, possibly not the best pic but you get the idea

Attachments

• 20201031_142457-1.jpg
    20201031_142457-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
Reactions: Ricky Burrows