Clear Corner Mod - How To Guides

Olly P

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi
Reaction score
It took a bit of searching to find all this information when I was looking to do the clear corner mod a few months ago. Theres been a few questions asking about this of late, so, here's all the info you need!

How To Guide:
DIY: CC (Clear Corner) Mod

Clear Covers (optional):
EURO CLEAR CORNER LENSES NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!
PM 'Fly300kts' for current prices to ship to the UK. I paid $75, around £47 including postage, shipping took just over a week.

Bumper Removal:
DIY: Clear Corner Mod/Removal of Bumper

I'll post pics of mine once the weather improves :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafarge and Andrewstw
​Olly, thanks for that useful guide. Im sure it will be appreciated by the other members in this section. I have made it a sticky. :) x

Reactions: Lafarge
Here are some pics of what I achieved with mine: looks pretty neat imo and a cheap mod. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388834669186914
Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388834690869778
After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388834739207033
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388834771493342

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Evening all wondered if any one could help me out with this mod I'm going to give it a blast at the weekend hopefully but unsure on something. Does the orange peel of the lens or do I need to buy clear lenses or has people just left the lenses out?
Cheers
Ash

I think it's a case of changing the lens for a clear one (available off eBay but quite expensive, I believe) or leaving it with no lens at all.

I found this video guide very useful as well for bumper removal. I n French but pictures speak a million words.

Why did they take the whole bumper off in that video just to change the fog bulbs when you can undo 3torx screws and take the fog out , change the bulb n put it back in 3mins of a job .

Why did they take the whole bumper off in that video just to change the fog bulbs when you can undo 3torx screws and take the fog out , change the bulb n put it back in 3mins of a job .
Very true, think they were just showing how to remove the bumper to change any lamps. Whatever the reason I found it useful for the headlamps.

It's not a S Line bumper so think the bumper has to come off on a SE one to get to the rear of the fogs unless you mess about underneath and remove the belly pan.

Strange ,why is it that according to the audi sales sheet all A4's from 2006 with s-line and beyond spec have clear lens and a coloured bulb and not an amber lens, and yet so many dont have it, mine is a 2006 and came with clear lens from new.
any reasons why?

Evening all wondered if any one could help me out with this mod I'm going to give it a blast at the weekend hopefully but unsure on something. Does the orange peel of the lens or do I need to buy clear lenses or has people just left the lenses out?
Cheers
Ash
Break the orange lense off, then replace the bulb with the silver bulb that flashes orange