Clear coat damage

Dr-x

Reaction score
Hi all just purchased a car for my son , car was covered in bird droppings I washed it as soon as possible and noticed that the clear coat had been damaged, are there any products out there that can repair the clear coat, or do I need to have it wet sanded and a quick clear coat?

Hi all just purchased a car for my son , car was covered in bird droppings I washed it as soon as possible and noticed that the clear coat had been damaged, are there any products out there that can repair the clear coat, or do I need to have it wet sanded and a quick clear coat?
Machine polishing will disguise it to a extent wet sanding on a clear coat that has diminished your taking a risk l presume this damage is on the bonnet or roof ? what size is the damage.....Try Autoglym Paint Renovator by hand using a crosshatch method wipe off then on the second pass by hand use a circular method nice and easy dont murder it...see how that goes always use the least aggressive way first

Last edited:
Machine polishing will disguise it to a extent wet sanding on a clear coat that has diminished your taking a risk l presume this damage is on the bonnet or roof ? what size is the damage
Hi Jassy you are correct in that it’s on the roof, ld say it’s the size of a side plate

The concern I had with a machine polish is within the 6” are there are small areas where the clear coat has gone completely