Cleaning silver A3

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

just bought a recently new 05 Golf GT in reflex silver, and as very similiar to the 8P A3 was just after some advice for decent shampoo, wax and polish to give her a good going over, as i'm sure the dealer won't.

Have'nt cleaned a car for about a year, and used to use Meguiars shampoo for my black R32, which was good.

But not really sure on wax and polish, and the differences, and would like to try and protect the water based paint better.

Thanks,

TDI/

My Sportback is Silver.

I use Megs Gold Class Shampoo and Megs Gold Class Wax (the bottle of liquid not the paste) and this brings it up a treat.

Tried a couple of sachets of NXT and personally found it didn't last as long (i.e. durability) as the Gold Class and seemed to attract little flies! Strangely enough, have read the same comments on other forums too! They're both good though.

Don't forget the Megs Lambswool Washmit and Drying Towel!

Whilst reading the Megs UK forum, found this link to the .com site which appears to explain the differences between some of their products:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3117

Would agree with cdb2.. Meguiars NXT, nice result and easy to do, but does not seem as durable as the gold glass..

heres a pic of Atlas Grey polished with the gold class stuff..

Clicky

Careful though, its easy to end up a bit obsessive! me? nah, surely not..

I have just tried Mothers car wash and found it to leave a better shine than Gold Class. that is only after a wash and dry. The paint looked cleaner somehow.

You can try all you like but you won't get it looking like a black one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You can try all you like but you won't get it looking like a black one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know mate, but it just seems 95% of new golfs are silver, so will have to go with the flow in this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Dont use a polish use a glaze, either Zymol or Swissol if your serious .....and use their shampos which wont remove the lovingly applied wax.